Yellowing Leaves Non Hydro Grow

I've attached a couple of pics, I'm sure this is just a lack of some nutrient or other, but as most of the info here is relative to hydro grows it doesn't really apply, so, can anyone help with identifying which (if it is a lack of nutrients) nutrient my plant seems to be lacking in, or, could it just possibly be not enough sunlight/light on the lower leaves? The ends seems to brown off after a while too . . . :thumbsup:

post-10702-1173574044_thumb.jpgpost-10702-1173574120_thumb.jpg

a bit of nitrogen should clear that up, what are you putting on it at the moment, in general if the leaves are yellowing from the bottom up it is nitrogen.

:thumbsup: Thanks for that, the plant hasn't been fertilised as such except for what was in the original soil/potting mix . . . and that was just some blood and bone.

Can anyone recommend a good testing kit for NPK in soil, not hydro? :peace:

Hi Dragonfan,

Can anyone recommend a good testing kit for NPK in soil, not hydro?

MOST PEEPS (Hydro especially) DON'T BOTHER WITH INDIVIDUAL NUTRIUNT MEASURING. EC, ppm ect is the measure of minerls in soulution, or the nutient level of your feed (fertalizer). this is goten from a meter called commonly a "truncheion" ....

I agree with godonacid's need for Nitrogen. I see the plant is starting to flower now so I'd look at a flowering feed (ie Canna Flores) as it has needed potasium with a hint of Nitrogen that is required during the flowering stage for the plant which is fruiting. It will get ya bigger & better buds. :thumbsup:

Hi Dragonfan,

MOST PEEPS (Hydro especially) DON'T BOTHER WITH INDIVIDUAL NUTRIUNT MEASURING. EC, ppm ect is the measure of minerls in soulution, or the nutient level of your feed (fertalizer). this is goten from a meter called commonly a "truncheion" ....

I agree with godonacid's need for Nitrogen. I see the plant is starting to flower now so I'd look at a flowering feed (ie Canna Flores) as it has needed potasium with a hint of Nitrogen that is required during the flowering stage for the plant which is fruiting. It will get ya bigger & better buds. :ack:

Well I've just got a whole load of compost that's well and truly ready to use, we've removed some of the upper level of soil from four of the pots (out of six) and have topped them up with the compost and will get some (probably) Rose Food today and try that at a very weak strength to begin with and see how we go!! :toke:

(Compost's NPK is variable obviously, but I looked it up and got the NPK for an 'average' good quality heap, and it surely will help with flowering and budding . . . :( )