Fluros or str8 under HPS?

I am interested in hearing peoples opinions and experiences regarding starting seeds under fluros or hps bulbs.

I have heard a few people say that fluros give weak stalks and that it's better to throw them straight under a HPS bulb positioned some distance away.

I have only ever tried the fluros but wouldn't mind trying it a new way - just don't want to bake my White Russian!

I only have a 600W HPS with a china hat - would that be too much?

Jimbo :thumbdown:

I've sprouted under 2 x 18w fluros plenty of times with no problems. You don't get weak stems just keep the fluro CLOSE to the seedling and have a tiny PC fan running across just to move the warm air away if need be.

Never tried MH or HPS but I imagine they would work even better but be careful not to burn your seedling by having it too close.

Either way will work well. Fluoros, try get the light 2 inches(50)mm away to stop stretch.

Heat off a HID will be the main thing to watch out for if using your 600. Expensive to run just for seeds though.

Nothing wrong with sitting the seed pots on the kithchen table out of direct sun to crack and sprout, then put under lights.

well i do abit of both if i have clones going i put them in my humidy crib for a few days then under the hps if i dont have any going i just put them under the hps straight away of maybe outside for a few days if the light is right and then under full light

cheerz :Dj: