Hi ahntho, yes I'd certainly be giving that water a go.

That's pretty good EC from what I've seen others deal with.

About the only thing the town water would have over the bore is it will have been treated with chlorine to knock out harmful bacteria etc, so it should be reasonably sterile, not saying the bore won't be worth trying without anything added first.

If you ran the bore water I'd be looking at how healthy the root mass stays.

Got a link here to the Flairform Site, they produce a Hard water nutrient and have some really good info. West Oz owned and operated they put everything online to try help us all understand whats happening down there.

This is their hard water stuff

http://www.flairform.com/Products/dutchtreat.htm

and this one at the bottom of the page, Sect 5 has some good info regarding ground waters

http://www.flairform.com/Hints/ph_in_hyd.htm

good points fellas. ph of tap water is 8,bore 7.yeah it looks pretty good.i think my omly other consern might be that the nitrogen content might be up abit from the ferts people use on lawns ect..but couldnt be that bad at an ec of .6 will be trying on the outdoors over next few weeks to see how goes.