Gargantuan

Ahahahahah I just finished watching Fear and Loating in Las Vegas again. It's seriously the fuckin' funniest movie I've ever had the honor to witness. I recommend you check it out straight away.

I'm going to post some quotes to shed some light on what the Bejesus I'm talking about.

"As your attorney, I advice you to take a hit out of the little brown flask in my shaving kit"

"A drug person can learn to handle such things as seeing their dead grandmother crawling up their leg with a knife in her teeth. But no one should be asked to deal with this trip. "

Narrator:"We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember saying something like:"

Raoul Duke: "I feel a bit lightheaded. Maybe you should drive."

Narrator: "Suddenly, there was a terrible roar all around us, and the sky was full with what looked like huge bats, all swooping and screeching and diving around the car, and a voice was screaming:"

Raoul Duke: "Holy Jesus! What are these goddamn animals?!"

Acosta: "Did you say something?"

Raoul Duke: "Hm? Nevermind. It's your turn to drive." Narrator: "No point in mentioning these bats, I thought. Poor bastard will see them soon enough. "

The one and only Hunter S Thompson. The journalist who originated 'Gonzo' journalism. He used to write for Rolling Stone when it was a counter culture mag and is an icon in the US for his strange mix of drug abuse, a very small touch of hippy philosophy and paranoid extreme right wing ravings and guns. That narration was close to word for word with his book. I liked the one where he was weaving in and out of the giant psychedelic manta rays in his convertible and cursing the rays for driving against the traffic.