Nutrients for coco/perlite

Hey all, this is my first hydro grow and i've got some 10 day old seedlings in 60/40 coco perlite. I am using Canna coco A/B and it seems to be going good. I also have the remains of some Nutriboost concentrate, Bud Blood and Tarantular off a mate.

Now my questions are- Ive heard nutriboost isnt that good, what is a good veg booster for coco?

Bud blood i will use but only for 1 week so what after that, potash?

And finally the tarantular, will this alone be good protection for my res?

Or after all that should i go the canna range of rhizno, cannazym, PK13/14. I know, I know KISS but i want the best for my plants :thumbsup:

So thats my situation, tell me what has worked good for your coco/perlite :thumbdown:

3 Bubblegum on left

2 Durban Poison x Skunk post-10535-1172553763_thumb.jpg

and 1 limp skunk in da middle

Don't know why someone wouldn't like the nutriboost. Not a vegetative stimulator, but all round tonic really. If you're after a veg specific booster I'd suggest looking for nitrozyme, which gives things a good kick-along in grow. Don't use in bloom though, as it can overstretch things.

Protection from the tarantula is really restricted to the rootzone, not the reservoir, although it will provide some pathogen protection there. The best thing you can do for keeping things away is be clean. Always wash hands before entering the growroom, don't smoke in there (if you're a smoker) and always keep dead leaves/material in the growroom cleaned up on a regular and frequent basis.

We all want the best for our plants, but simply going with a more expensive brand doesn't guarantee this. Canna nutrients aren't anything particularly special, (look at the makeup on the bottle) but cost more because they have a premium brand name. The nutrition differences between brands of nutes aren't usually that big really, and what difference there is would be far outweighed by selecting a good variety and keeping things ticking over. Observation is important, but so is patience.

I'd say stick with what you've got, they're all reasonable items, don't get sucked into the idea that just because something is more expensive it's automatically better. (likewise because it's got "canna" in the name doesn't determine it's effectiveness in growing cannabis)

Hope that helps.

Skywalker

NEO Bud.. i hear the right ROSE Bloomers work a treat if mixed right.. also the right compost tea bag can work wonders in the last week before harvest.. u can pull and clean ur system right after.. if the tea is done right u can add a nice fruity smell/taste to your other wise hydro tasting budds

hi neobud

i used canna coco when i started, but switched to dutch master hot coco for price and they have a specific flowering nute. never noticed much difference to be honest.

Luke is right that the canna range is not necessarily being better than others but one thing about canna stuff is lots of peeps have used/use it and there is plenty of advice around if you need.

id use the coco a+b you have, get some rhizotonic, cannazym and pk13/14 and follow the recommendations on cannas website.

might be a bit more expensive but you will have a smooth run with the canna and its a good starting point

:thumbdown:

hey neo

i too use the canna coco range..

ive tried a few others,xtreme canadian express

and honestly there aint a great diff imo

and as luke says nutriboost is a great all round tonic imo

i use the canna coco with silica majic,rhizo and superthrive for vege

continue with the canna untill i see buds formin..but add 1ml per litre of potash to the mix....in vege i foliar feed too

once flowers are visable i use canadian express with some potash,silica majic,cannazym and some budjuice occasionally..

i have not used the tarantula so i cant comment,but personally swear with the rhizo..

bud blood is used for the week from as soon as ya flip to 12/12

becareful not to use too much..it will encourage fast bud formation

i foliar feed with nitrozym in vege every 3 weeks after the outta the seedling stage up till they go into flower...

i think the potash alone will help bulk up the buds along with pk/13 14 u should be happy..

is this ya 1st ever grow?

all the best and happy growing

bil

Thanks for the reply's. Yes this is my first hydro grow, i need to start a thread :toke: Billo, thats the kinda reply i was looking for :toke: Nice selection i will keep them in mind. I will purchase the rest of the canna products with some silika majik and maybe some superthrive. I have ph and ec meters so i shouldn't over do it :toke: Does anyone else want to give up their secret recipe? :peace:

Sounds good NeoBud,

Not sure if others will agree but in regard to the Silica Majik I have been advised to bring the pH back down to 7.0 after adding it to the res, before adding the nutes. As your probably aware it is highly alkaline, the pH can rise into the high 8.0's sometimes depending on the pH of the tap water. Adding the nutes at this higher pH can remove the nutrients capacity to deliver Iron so I'm told.

I've just switched to Nutri-boost instead of Superthrive, even though they are very similar. Once again it was a recommendation, but was explained to me that the nutri boost suits Hydro a lil better,... splittin hairs now though. Best of luck for the grow :crybaby: