Back yard/or in the Bush

Hey peoples :peace: . I have decided to go and grow my own :freak: . Going out door I live in Vic so i have to wait till after August right?. We had some severe frost here early September last year so mite leave to mid sep. Just debating on where to grow either have 1 or 2 pots in the back yard. Or do the bush thing which would suit me as im always up bush camping fishing etc. Get into some pretty country. With the bush do u plant the seeds and just check on them every so often. Will probly have one in the back yard 2 so i can learn a bit about growing. Is is better to have a few plots going in differnet areas :peace: . Im keen as esspicaly looking forward to not buying weed of dodgy people :peace: .

good o mate

welcome to the world of self sufficiency

id be more inclined to get a few diff plots..

that way u can hopefully harvest them all

because bush growin u are prone to many dramas

like thiefs,police,animals,pests etc.. and splittin em up will help with not being detected ..

also if u have the opportunity go for it in the backyard

but remember to keep it simple....

wat are u thinkin of growinm?

wat medium?? are u gunna use nutes?

its alot of work to maintain plants guerilla style

alot of carting to get initialy set u8p

and then there is maintaining and training waterin etc

u dont wanna be goin to ya plot all the time fortnihghtly has worked for me

water crystals are great to mix into ya soil mix imo

i cant tell u much about the melbourne side maybe stoney will chime in

all the best mate

bil

I just want a basic set up as i am no green thumb :peace: well not yet. The old man is the horticulture buisness so should be fine getting some stuff to help :peace: . Im going to get a vege garden going when it rains :freak: to help blend my plants in a bit. Another question say i was to plant a few seeds in a good area good soil and such is it viable to let mother nature take its course and come back months later?. Or do they need alot of care. Sorry for all the question really have NFI so any help is great. I dont know what im going to grow i havent come across any bud with seeds in it for years so have to chase up some from some mates. Not real keen on getting them sent from abroad.

hey m8 there are just as many factors to outdoor growing as there are indoor.. for instance weather is a major factor in growing nice outdoor plants... if its to hot the plants will either shrivlle up and burn or stunt and if its to cold they may b affected by frost and mould!! The soil is another major factor as it needs 2 b nice and fluffy with a good soil makeup ( not tight compact soil or the roots wont be able to do any thing and the pot will go mouldy!) nutrients are somthing not to be laughed at either .. a bit of liquid dynamic lifter or some fish emulsion or somthing of the like!

If you can, grow them in your backyard in private. I would. Gurilla growing is alot more work, and as others here have said, involves many more risks and problems. If u do decide to go bush, soil prep is the most important thing IMO. ie digging it over, adding water crystals, blood and bone, dolomite or lime etc. ( shit soil = shit plants ) It doesnt matter how right everything else is. Water being a close second.

It's a bit late in the season but not so late it's impossible. If you put them in now you should still get buds, just on small plants.

Hey friz, sounds like a good go.

How about starting the veg patch now mate, buga the rain. You can start heaping up compost. Pile up lawn clippings, leaves, fruitnvegie scaps and manures... whatever you can get.. seaweed, sand, wood ash, lime, bloodnbone, dynamic lifter etc. Perhaps chip away and fill up a raised bed with this mix. Consider a compost worm farm and also encourage earth worms to do all the diggin for ya. Mulches also. Mollasses as a liquid soil drench. Bat guano if you can get it.

Sure your ol man would be very happy to help with this.

Your own compost will be ready for next season to :peace:

For outdoor if you have a greenhouse or north facing window you could germinate seed there. Perhaps seed raising mix in small pots then transplant later. But just as good in a soil mix, a little compost, potting mix, pinch of perlite in a reasonable pot..

This is much surer than just popping seed in the ground, out bush certainly. You have no pests to contend with. Can do this all with fluros indoors too, fan on them lightly for strength.

Female clones are good of course, save having to neck the males out. Less risk of seed.

Not monthly unless the conditions are awesome and you have something set up for irrigation. Best tend to them, depending on water/ feeding, pest detering and stealth and security needs.

Best of luck and enjoy :freak:

hey there friz

in vic with our cold winters and frosty mornings its best to wait till at least mid september for planting and going outdoors really depends on how much work ya wanna put in to your grow

with a bush crop as others have said there is alot of things ya gotta consider with the drought at the moment the first thing would be water now 2 ways to do this is take it with ya or some prier prep and dig a small dam and hope that winter will bring some good rains

you could try and get away by letting mother nature take its course but with the drought and insect plagues we have had the last few years not to mention bush fires the chances of you getting much off ya plants will be slim but hey i have heard it happen

if you have never grown it befor (mj that is) then i would suggest you do a back yard grow for ya first one that way you can see how a mj plant grows and the differant issues you can incounter so that when you eventually go bush then you know what to expect and you wont have to be going to your plot every week to make sure ya plants are ok

as someone said water crystals are great for ya soil and i would be mixing them in ya back yard vegy patch as well as vic is starting to get really bad water wise and soon ya may not be able to water anything (i have tank water so i dont care really :freak:)

the worst thing ya got to put up with in ya back yard is pesky neighbours and people that wanna rip ya plant so better to start there i think

hope this helps ya

cheerz :Dj:

Thanks heaps fella :peace: mullaway thats sound the go prep everything now so when the mid september comes i will have a sweet patch to grows some babies :thumbsup: . Im looking very forward to been self sufficent and knowing what goes into my gear. Im off for now gota go to a dealer and part with some hard earned :peace: . Thanks again fellas that info helps heaps.

cheers