Yates Mini Greenhouse

last october november and december i lost over stacks of seedlings thanks to some ether rats or grasshoppers. we built cages over them and it would not stop them.

even sticking the seedling trays on the roof of the house did not stop the problem.. thanks to that we now have a shit season with seedlings that have remained seedlings for months. total failure

so after seeing the thread on this site about a solutiopn i went ahead today i got one of those mini greenhouses for the next season. looks all good but i am concerned that there is not enough height in the actual trays to support the seedling root system. i feel like they will be rootbound too quickly.

what is your experince with smaller trays like that ? i hope to get the seedlings into the ground after two weeks from germination of the sedlings but i do fear they'll just get eaten, but if they stay in they will get rootbound.

Edited by buggz

the other way to go would be to get some small pots and cut holes in the bottom tray and sit these pots in there that would give you a decent area underneath for the root system and still be a sealed unit.

anothe way you could do it is cut 6 small holes in the bottom tray and plant your 6 seedling in the ground and then put the tray over them and then get some thin tent pegs and peg the tray down and then put the top on

just a thought

Cheerz :Dj:

I don't know whether i have just had a scientific discovery!!! I have not yet had a single male out of my greenhouse. Each time i plant seeds, all the seeds sprout and then some of them die, and the remainder have all been females!!!! I just thought i was lucky when i got 3/3 lowryder females and then 5/5 mexican sativa females and same with some outdoor mix seeds!!! Maybe i have just been reallllllly lucky or maybe females are more heat and humidity tolerant??

The mini greenhouse is outdoors in the sun and i water and mist it. Any thoughts?

I don't know whether i have just had a scientific discovery!!! I have not yet had a single male out of my greenhouse. Each time i plant seeds, all the seeds sprout and then some of them die, and the remainder have all been females!!!! I just thought i was lucky when i got 3/3 lowryder females and then 5/5 mexican sativa females and same with some outdoor mix seeds!!! Maybe i have just been reallllllly lucky or maybe females are more heat and humidity tolerant??

The mini greenhouse is outdoors in the sun and i water and mist it. Any thoughts?

i'd say it was very unlikely, but you could always do a few more controlled tests to find out for sure