yellow leaves

hello ppl.

i have 2 plants in pots outside, unknown strain.

they have purple on top of leave stems 3 weeks into flowering, one is 5ft other is 8ft

now for some odd reason since they started to flower when i water them 2 hours later some of the shade leaves turn yellow then in 2 to 3 days they die. atm i'm watering once a week cos if i water more i might end up killing plant, it seems to be happening more on the smaller plant & i've only been giving water only,

need some suggestions as to what i can do to stop it from happening before i run out of shade leaves,

allso the heads seem to be flowing well so no affect to them atm just never seen plants do this in all the 20years ive been growing....

thanks for any help. :)

a pic would be good.. but it sounds like you might need some nitrogen in the soil.. purple stems and leaves falling off .. i think is a potassium dificiency ..

if they are falling off from right down low then its definitely nitrogen deficiency... maybe a small amount of osmocote around the base... they will tend to fall off anyway as they mature.. but at the 3 week mark its probably a little early

pots in soil... maybe they've just depleted the soil of everything good...

might just need a small amount of flower nutrients...

hey there i would be guessing nitro diff but in not 100% sure if ya should repot or put in the ground at this stage of flowering as you may shock the plant abit

but if you do put it in the ground add a week or so to the length of flower

but as long as the pot ya got it in is a decent size i would just add some hydro nutes to the soil this should clear the issue up some urea would work wonders on the nitro diff as well

cheerz :Dj:

water only, means thats all its been getting since the problem started,

small plant has been replanted in ground now did add some canna flower nutes before planting to soak in to dirt. will leave for a week without watering just to see how it goes.. then will add some potassium if its still going down hill..

thanks for info guys :freak:

well ive planted both in ground now.. smaller plant has allmost lost all shade leaves the flowering nutes have no affect only option now is big doeses of,

potassium nitrate.. if that doesnt work then i'll go back to plain water till they die..... cant be stuffed bothering with them if nothing works , i have other plants to harvest..

only thing i can figure is they are from a hydro strain & are struggling to flower in dirt..

Tom strain unknown, now 4weeks into flower, Sativa i'dd say yes, PH never bothered checking in all the years ive grown outside, soil is a mix of high grade top soil mixed with pigshit,dynamiclifter,chookshit,cowshit mixed together left for 8months then used as potting mix & garden beds all plants get the same mix only these 2 are struggling.... thanks guys..

only thing i can figure is they are from a hydro strain & are struggling to flower in dirt..

Hydro strains should still flower fine in dirt. Did you have a look at the root system when you transplanted them? I'm suspecting the root system is not so healthy which is causing the problems.

Edited by Taipan

yes did look at root system & is very healthy.

well after trying something different i've had 100% success,

i'm now feeding the roots with "NaturesOwn Super Bloom"

& using "NaturesOwn Liquid Potash" as a Foliar Spray.

they both have stopped the yellowing of leaves dead in its tracks, the plants are now looking very healthy & the heads are starting to fatten up nicely.

thankyou everyone for all your advice :thumbdown: