how much hydroton to fill a 910mm x 910mm f+d tabble

hey guys

gots me a lil flood n drain table

1m x 1m should be a nice lil producer imo

wats the best medium..i hate rockwool so i thought hydroton?

perlite would end up strerssin the rootzone with the bottom feeding ??wouldnt it?

and how many bags of ydroton to fill it ya reckon.????????

was gunna cut tha ass outta some 4 300mm pots..

fit them into the tray in each corner

that way ill hopefully get the masive root zone

all tips are gunna be appreciated guys

was gunna fed every 2 hrs for wat 15mins??

im gunna use the sensi 2 part from advanced

wat yas reckon?

take care and happy growin

bil

post-8244-1171155134_thumb.jpg

hey oz

nah never got off the ground

i just use it to water on now..:thumbsup:

but id sure like to know wat amount was used to maintain that table..

i still got the advanced nutes..used em before in dwc and perlite

get same yield with xtreme coco in coco,so dont think much of adv nutes

was thinkin of a lil sog on the table,all simgle cola

was wonderin wat was the best size pot for sog flower

after a wee week of vege after rooted????????

9 ltr buckets at bunnings are cheap,but if i can save on medium with smaller pots,well thats wat id prefer..

all help is apprerciated hey oz,as ive never done no f+d pro set up like this..lol its like a flash store bought 1...

take care and happy harvests

bil

You must do yourself a big favour and set up your table for your next grow ,you won't believe how fast and easy they're too use .This is my first attempt at it but i've had 10 years experience with aero's .These systems are alot easier to run and maintain .With the hydrotron i only use it as a bed for my roots so 20lt will give you a 2'' bottom layer which will do the job . Same with me on the AN nutes too ,i honestly couldn't see any difference ,plus half of the line is unavailable anyway ,and there is far too many additives and supplements for my liking which are unnecessary ,that company certainly has their marketing down pat . Pots i 6'' which will roughly hold 1 litre of medium ,i use a soiless mix[40%coco,40%perlite,10%hydrotron, 10%worm castings] in mine ,but straight hydrotron is fine .If you go for the 6''[150mm] pots you can get 24 on to a 3'x3'[900mmx900mm] table ,with those 9lt buckets you will only get 9 on it. I have even got some 2lt coke bottles in this grow ,i was short of pots at the time :thumbsup: ,but the 6'' jobs are only 50 cents each so buy them and get double the amount you will need because you'll need when turnover crops .Ijust root my clones in 40mm grodan RW cubes once rooted straight into the 6''pot with soiless mix then veg 2-3 weeks under t8 fluoros by then you have a good root system established ,the roots will be actually coming out by then .Then to flower just place the pots straight on top of the hydrotron ,you might have to give them a bit of a wriggle to level them .For the first week i give the pots a little top feed by hand just to keep the medium a little moist till the roots kick off which they will .My set up is actually second hand tables and stands i bought of a friend that didn't have a clue i just had to buy new flood and drain fittings had the rest of the bits and pieces lying around .If you've anymore questions fire away it's no trouble Cheers Ozdaz

post-1116-1183632096_thumb.jpg

post-1116-1183632192_thumb.jpg

post-1116-1183632279_thumb.jpg

i did a bit of a look around

wat u know...16 x 200mm pots around the joint :xcited:

that was simple and very handypost-8244-1183859436_thumb.jpg

im startin to think why i havent tried this before...:D

theres a plan i have of single cola production

1 oz+ each cola..do u think this is viable ??

or am i pissin in the wind?

some pots i have are 200mm but say 4.5ltr and others say 5 ltr

gots me beat

anyways oz im thinkin i can get this up n runnin with some clones i can take from this ladypost-8244-1183859544_thumb.jpg

although i dont have any idea on flower time as its 1st runpost-8244-1183859641_thumb.jpgheres her sis same age just flowered intead of veged like this lovely

i might have to wait for me skunks to get lats

probably easier to do a 1 strain than mixed strain for 1st run hey

thanks for all ya help so far,take it easy

bil

Those pots will be fine 200mm/ 8'' they're the 1 gallon ones . You should be only be able to get 15 in ,you'll lose one near your flood and drain fittings .If your after 1oz plants you'll need at least 2- 3 weeks veg and make sure you lolly pop them .Which medium will you use ?If you've a good skunk strain i'd go with that they're perfect for SOG growing .I run 2 strains on my tables with no dramas ,but i wouldn't go adding anymore ,it's very important to keep an even canopy .And make sure that you plant all the smaller clones in the middle of the table ,they'll stretch out and eventually catch up too the outside plants height easierly.You'll need a minimum of 40lt nutes to flood the table twice per day ,15 minutes before your lights come on and 1 more 9 hrs later ,that's all they'll need for this time off the year .Keep your reservoir at around 20 cel ,use a heater if needed .Like i said before keep asking any questions i don't mind teaching people things that they'll benefit from .But remember this is my first attempt at Flood and Drain and after all it's mainly just common sence growing from past expriences with aeroponics .Cheers Ozdaz