Take part in drugs survey, drivers urged

or

Fuck off ,do you think were stupid enough to help you

fuck us over!

February 7, 2007 - 11:35PM SMH online

Motorists are urged to have their say in a national survey on community attitudes towards drugs and driving.

Information is limited on the prevalence of drug-driving, particularly in rural areas, but research last year found more than one in 10 drivers had driven after using recreational drugs.

Dr Jane Mallick, director of the Australian Drug Foundation's (ADF) Centre for Youth Drug Studies, said the new national survey would target a wide cross-section of Australians in city and regional areas.

She said the results would provide valuable insights into the community's attitudes towards drugs and driving, as well as their own experiences with the issue.

"We think it's really important that people have a voice in the survey and encourage anyone over 17 years with internet access to have their say," Dr Mallick said.

"Currently, there is limited research about the prevalence of drug-driving in rural areas, and any insights we can gain will be valuable for developing road safety strategies to protect our rural communities and keep people safe."

The ADF, together with Turning Point Alcohol and Drug Centre and funded by insurer AAMI, says the survey is aimed at providing informed contributions to public debate on the issue.

Research carried out by the AAMI insurance company found 11 per cent of drivers admit to driving after using recreational drugs, and more than a quarter admit to driving after taking prescription or over-the-counter medication containing a warning not to drive.

More than one in 10 Australian drivers are not sure whether recreational drugs affected driving ability, while eight per cent believe driving after using recreational drugs is safer than drink-driving.

The online survey is open to all Australians of driving age whether they have any experience of drugs of not.

© 2007 AAP :)

the drug driving wank survey :) :) :thumbsup:

lol I suggest we discuss ways of corrupting this survey before anyone does it :) . Its in a SSH so its likely a little more difficult to do multiple surveys but where there is a will there is a way lol like running through proxy services etc ,using different browsers,educating our friends in the real world as well as cyber world on how to corrupt this survey so it at least seems hardly anyone drug drives on MJ and laws against it are a waste of time and money.

Also I am developing a story for my first real DTS blog and AAMI insurance plays a big role ,anyone got anything on these insurance creeps? I have a fair bit already and its very interesting. :)

Edited by Jess Stone

Research carried out by the AAMI insurance company found 11 per cent of drivers admit to driving after using recreational drugs, and more than a quarter admit to driving after taking prescription or over-the-counter medication containing a warning not to drive.

And yet, even while claiming that roadside drug testing is about safety, not revenue raising, not a single state is introducing roadside testing for something that is over 200% more prevelant than illicit drug driving.. why is that do you think???

Oh that's right.. people who are impaired by prescription drugs aren't REALLY impaired are they? :thumbsup:

And yet, even while claiming that roadside drug testing is about safety, not revenue raising, not a single state is introducing roadside testing for something that is over 200% more prevelant than illicit drug driving.. why is that do you think???

Oh that's right.. people who are impaired by prescription drugs aren't REALLY impaired are they? :)

good call these fucks get driven every where lol remember the nsw pollie that was all for family and against drink driving he was court 1.56 after smashing 3 cars :) do as i say not' as i do :thumbsup: lol

Edited by rex

I am under the impression that they just dont understand how smart most of us are and thus cant catch us so they are looking at trying to get informants!!! Fucking PIGS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Funny cos yesterday went through a drug bus stoned of my head but they hadnt set up yet. Watch out guys in melbourne............ they are putting the drug buss on the SE Arterial Just after you leave the russel st extension to get to The arterial........... it was a 2 lane road and the pricks had the bus on the right and there was only 1 lane to pass it thus i think they wanted to stop everyone.

We need a chemist amongst us who can work out how to beat this test, if anybody has a solution please pm me as i dont want it posted for obvious reasons. lol

Cheers

Chris