fire makers

hey all you fellow stoners!

what fire makers do you like most and for what?

zippos, matches, jet lighters or bic

if you have a fave lighter show us some pics!

i picked this one up at the markets today two jets and a basic pocket knife (bottle opener, knife, scissors)

its awsome and it only cost me $10

http://img236.imageshack.us/img236/4761/imga0799pk3.th.jpg

http://img236.imageshack.us/img236/6937/imga0798wt7.th.jpg

G'day hermes. I love your sig.

I also happen to experience a similar need, what a strange coinckydink.

I prefer matches myself, as i have some whacko conspiracy theory about the harm of using lighters and they also burn at a lower temp (which i find is nice for me, the weed and the lungs).

As a back-up, i always have a standard bic lighter or three on hand and I generally save my jet lighters for herbaceous materials that require temp's of 240 degrees to vaporise.

:P

Please don't use matches Infinitee.. those things can be bad for you can't they?

Can't you taste the match smoke when you pull the cone?

I know last time I ran out of lighter fluid and had to use matches, I could.

Just looking out for your best interests mate :P

Ooops, forgot to post on topic here.. well my favourite lighter is a jet lighter which I've had since late last year. It is a nice silver one with a LED light in the bottom of it which you just press a little button to activate and the best thing is this baby doubles as a weapon.

Fits perfectly into my fist just like a roll of 10c pieces

Edited by stonedstump

‘Your Balls & Rice Bubbles!’

I have always considered lighting with a match to be the gentlemanly thing to do. Whereas many people use disposable lighters I always feel that the single use match consecrates as much as it ignites. And I’ve lit for others – which is the true sacrament.

I remember match flame that lit a dark and lonely room in wintertime or mid-afternoon in summer with beer. A match generally will only service one clone, although now I sometimes use two matches. I have vague memories of seeing one standard size match light two separate cones but I may only have dreamed it.

A disposable lighter brings with it inherent cheapness, like a gaudy whore. A proper lighter is going to cost and maybe prone to loss. Whereas a box of quality matches is instantly and naturally reassuring – even the smell is a form of incense. And they don’t cost much.

Years ago, when I had friends to smoke with, I don’t think anyone seriously tried to dissuade me. Of course, lighting up is an inherently personal thing, but to me the spirit is released through fire and nothing comes close to the elegantly Promethean deliverance of the humble match.

There are a lot more match sizes now available in Australia than about twenty years ago. “Yet with these April sunsets, that somehow recall My buried life…”

Al Fish