white spots everywhere.....

hey all was ova mates place when he asked me to take a look at his plants for they (the tops of the leaves had white freckles or tiny spots and when you turn the leaf ova it has very small white bugs or eggs(dont have mgklass to look properly)he was told 3 weeks b4 that they were spider mites but this isnt so there isnt anywebbing anywhere...so what could they b????????anyone???its almost like they have dust on the leaves but it aint...also they r 5 weeks in 12/12 any ghelp appreciated thnx :P

it can be aphids, they can be naughty bugs indeed. you can spray with a soap solution but that will not get rid of them totally.

maybe you can get Aphidius, it's a predator bug, kind of a whasp and they lay their eggs in the aphids, getting rid of them in a week or two.

aphidius look like this:

http://www.entomology.wisc.edu/mbcn/aphidius.JPG

thnx olman and tboat....but its not aphids i have roses out front and they get aphids all t5he time you can c them little bastards but on my mates MJ u cant see anything moving just some very small tiny white sacks..or dots on underside and the top of the leaf is freckled with spots if anyone out there has seen this themselfs or no what they r please post a reply thnx WS :D

Stonedas is the best guy I know to answer this but I would try a pyrethrum spray, it's effective over a broad range of pests.

Here's a link to a site with some pictures of spider mites and the damage they cause. This site shows pictures of other types of pests, it may help with the identification.

http://www.gamers-forums.com/smilies/contrib/ruinkai/coolgleamA.gif http://64.207.13.28/mysmilies/otn/glasses/smokin.gif

I had the same problem .. no magnifying glass so I couldn't look for webs but the other symptoms suggested mites. At Tom's suggestion I made some pyrethrum tea and, here's the clincher, used it every 4 days (to break the breeding cycle). After MONTHS of infection my plants are now growing fresh foliage and putting on a growth spurt. Give it a shot.