can I do this?

Hey,

I have a plant outside, but in sydney today the weather is pretty shitty, no sun showing, just overcast. I was wondering should i bring my plant inside on days like this and put him under a little fluruo desk lamp o have ?

And whats the easiest way to see if a light is actually going to help the plant grow? cuz i dunno what type of fluruo this one is and i dunno the wattage of it.

Thx

put it under the lamp and see how it goes, i once left a plant in a small cupboard in a dark room for over two weeks, pulled it out and strangely enough, was still healthy. try leaving the plant in the sun all day and when it starts to get dark take it in and put it under the flouro for a while, plants with 18 hours light will grow better and faster than ones with only 12.

experiment a little, it's the best thing you can do with outdoor plants.

I have a plant outside, but in sydney today the weather is pretty shitty, no sun showing, just overcast. I was wondering should i bring my plant inside on days like this and put him under a little fluruo desk lamp o have ?

The natural light available on a cloudy day would be far better than a desk lamp, that plus the temperature changes between inside and out could possibly give you a hermie.

And whats the easiest way to see if a light is actually going to help the plant grow? cuz i dunno what type of fluruo this one is and i dunno the wattage of it.

If your plant looks healthy and bushy with no stretching then the light is doing its job, desk lamps usually have 15w – 18w tubes.

http://www.gamers-forums.com/smilies/contrib/ruinkai/coolgleamA.gif http://64.207.13.28/mysmilies/otn/glasses/smokin.gif