Bonsai style

Yes bonsai is a happening thing, although I wouldn't class it as true bonsai :scratchin:

I've kept very small mothers for 18 months successfully, some people have stated they have kept mothers for 10-15 years.

The reason I say not true bonsai, and I could be wrong, is that the plant is kept tiny but as new shoots start growing they grow out normal size.

Wish I'd kept some old pics but imangine a plant as round as a soccer ball with 6-8 branches, tiny new shoots everywhere with small leaves the size you'd find right at the bottom of a stalk, with a few end shoots growing out to normal size. That very tiny plant would be good for 4-8 clones per trim every 3-4 weeks, kept under flouros feeding at half strength nutes. About every 5 months it would need a root trim and repot into a small pot with perlite.

i have done a fair bit of bonzia propargation and i find with many plants including mullies that if you pinch the tops it will reduce the size of the new shoots and make them bushier i use this method with my grows to get the scrog going and have played with it outside on some to , i also use this on my mothers in the past to produce more tips for cloning more clones as well as to keep them smaller than letting them go feral..