watering 1 or 2

post-7853-1168774819_thumb.jpghi all my first post :thisbig: any way been reading the water 101 forum and i have seen this product and just thought i might ask if any one has used them before i have been useing 20ltr drums with nutri tech fert mixed in its a 100% organic http://www.nutri-tech.com.au/ with great sucess its called triple ten npk is all tens but my plan is to get these bags and give them a go any ideas would be welcome so if someone would check them out that would be cool as i live in south east queensland and its dam hot and dry http://www.ecobagindustries.com.au/index.htm they sound good anyway :scratchin: thanks for your time rex here's a pic from last years drum bud

post-7853-1168775400_thumb.jpg

post-7853-1168775466_thumb.jpg

Edited by rex

Welcome to Ozstoners rex :toke: , mate ive often thought about those bags and reckon they would be well worth it, the bonus with them is they keep the roots cool and shaded .. let us know how they go if you try them... great looking buds too :thisbig:

best o' luck

:scratchin:

EDIT: only one thing worries me about the bags, it says the capilary wick releases 1 litre of water every 24hrs, well i dont think that is sufficient for a plant over 2 foot tall? ... perhaps it could be modified to release more over a 24hr period.?

Welcome to Ozstoners rex :peace: , mate ive often thought about those bags and reckon they would be well worth it, the bonus with them is they keep the roots cool and shaded .. let us know how they go if you try them... great looking buds too lol

best o' luck

lol

EDIT: only one thing worries me about the bags, it says the capilary wick releases 1 litre of water every 24hrs, well i dont think that is sufficient for a plant over 2 foot tall? ... perhaps it could be modified to release more over a 24hr period.?

thanks al for the replys we need more out door ideas i think ...getting to the guts of the matter on the site it dose say that the feed rate can be ajusted i just dont know weather 1 ltr per 24 is full rate i might shoot off a email and find out but my idea is that they are only to keep the plants ticking over untill the rains come well that what happen's with my drum feed but these are more stealth like old mate said in water 101 about tell tale signs of growing ie bottels or drums ..... ps that is australain blue seed stock planet skunk i think sell them :toke: ...pss i used a grinder too get rid of the whole plant :ack:

Edited by rex

Welcome to the site rex lol I'm another SE Qlder with a water crisis lol

I only recently stumbled on these bags myself and agree that 1 litre/day won't cut it in this heat. I too was thinking of using 2 bags per plant :peace: but then I'd need to be able to stop the flow during wet weather so they don't end up waterlogged :toke: maybe.

I'm also a nutri-tech fan, but haven't used the triple ten yet, just their guano and kelp powders.

If those buds were grown on the triple ten, then I'll have to give it a go next season :ack:

lol