12v Car HiD's

Has anybody used the 12V H.I.D's intended for car head/fog lights.. if in the right spectrum range for growings (veg/flower) how did these perform?

i have seen them on ebay for decent prices.. and 12v would work well if i decided to hook up a lil stealth grow in the boot of a unused car :twitchsmile:

all help would be appreciated.. and any input.. Thanks

Has anybody used the 12V H.I.D's intended for car head/fog lights.. if in the right spectrum range for growings (veg/flower) how did these perform?

i have seen them on ebay for decent prices.. and 12v would work well if i decided to hook up a lil stealth grow in the boot of a unused car :scratchin:

all help would be appreciated.. and any input.. Thanks

and seeing as the 12vhid cost bout $700 i think cheaper ways are better anyway.

actually torana, 12v HID's are alot cheaper but the ones im talking about arnt for horticulture but car headlights, hence why i asked if any one has used them and also the spectrum so i can make an analysis..

I assume you are talking about 12v HIDs made for horticulture? i would not be supprised if they are 700

dont know if you remmber luke skywalker.. but a while back a certain friend was eyeing out big orange machines that collect raw power from that huge HID in the sky (road work solars panals).. Well he has come back and given me a couple of panals.. trying to find a temp use for them.. Just got Regualtor instructuions of the net

P.S For a small plant.. is possible to get POTENT Decent Yeilds of FLuro's i have read yes, but would like an Ozzy person to re-enforce that as i no poms have low standards :peace:

Edited by 123abc

:peace: yeah, provided the genetics and intensity of the lighting (read: keep the fluoros close and as powerful as possible) you can have quite a reasonable yeild from a fluoro. The more modern the fluoro generally the better, but the best for growing are the "Spectrum" 130w Compact Fluoros. 12,000 lumens, which is around a 1/4 of what you can get from a 400w after taking ballast losses into account.

I keep 4-6 mothers under one of em, and I'm sure if I bloomed em out they'd give a reasonable yeild considering. Of course, nothing beats sheer strength of light for MJ to thrive, but fluoros can be good enough for a micro grow. Just keep it close (say 3-8 cm or so.)