? about activated carbon

High all

Am looking at making a carbon filter sort off to add to my extraction fans inside a small grow cupboard.

850x550x1750 of the top of my off head.

It consists of 2 x 120mm 240v fans running through 2 seperate lines of 125mm flexi vent into a 100mm two into one(y curved shape) pvc pipe and out the top right hand side.

My ? is ,would it be effective to mount the filter directly on the back of the fan with the air pushing through the filter or would it be best to mount it further down the line where the air flow is not that great and the air drifts through.

Not exactly sure what rating the fans are but im guessing they are about 108cfm

Or would it be better to suck the air through the filter.

Keep in mind each chamber will be loosely packed with carbon to let the air through resonablly well and i would expect it to blow around a bit.

Basically my ? is, would it matter if the air was forced though rather than drift through.

Not sure if it would work at all to be honest.

Hope it makes sense

post-10857-1168523945_thumb.jpg

Bloody pearla that filter Blacksaint, Love home made projects.

xcellent idea,

Had my own little idea as well but when i seen the one een posted,i scrapped mine for now and gave this one a go with a few mods.

Carbon was the hardest thing to find,plenty at dive shops, but no one willing to sell.Persaverance paid of though.

As you see it is were i am at.

Finish painting it,put it together at see how this baby works tomorrow maybe.

post-10857-1168686965_thumb.jpg