simple question , What lights do I use for small inside frow ?

Hi krunkhead.

If you only want to buy one light to get started a 400w High Pressure Sodium light will give you enough for 2 heavy smokers and then some once you get it happening, another idea might be to go straight to a 600w HPS depending how serious you are (bigger light, hotter, dearer to run, more buds though)

Seedlings can be sprouted and put straight under, gradually moving them closer to the light

EDIT: How much light? That light will do as many plants as you want to fit into 1mtr x 1mtr square, and will perform up to 1mtr from lamp

Anywhere from 1-8 plants usually

Edited by bufo marinus

hey krunk its not about plant numbers its about wattage and space.

one plant scrogged under a 400watter in a 900x900 box might yield more than 6 plants with the same space and light. all it means is more veg time to fill out the space, and of course ensuring your rootzone is adequate for the size.

for personal grows I think its best to train out fewer plants. The grow cycle may be a couple weeks longer but if the worst happens an you get a visit from the pork brigade at least your plant numbers will be at a minimum

A 400w light is good for a 600x900x1800 space and a 600W is good for a 1200x1200x1800 space as a very rough guide. :thumbsup:

thx for this info, i too was unsure whether to go 400 or 600w HPS.

i've spent all day getting my built-in (ceiling to floor) double wardrobe ready for a grow.

i've moved all my clothes into my (video) gaming room on shop racks so-as to completely clear my w'drobe out.

the question of what sized lights to get was gonna be my next post here.

thx to bufo & pipeman for answers & krunk for asking.

(not highjacking thread, just wanted to catch a piggy back)

hey i was wondering (not to hijack ur thread)

250w HPS.. how good are they, what is a realistic estimate from a small DWC/ScOG grow using a good PS Strain.. Organic Nutes most likly

can i pull more than 5 onces with this one in 2-3 month cycle?

i no alot of varibles like genetics .. but just want to no if a 250 is worth ur while on single plant

yeah i read that one a couple of days back bufo, thats what got me interested in a 250w..

im still waiting for nate to post a dryed total of fruit weight..

50w per square foot.. so roughly.. 500w per square meter

as i assume certain strains would require more light than 50w P.S.F.. true?

Edited by 123abc

just like different strains respond to different levels of nutes so it is with light. 50W per square foot is just a rule of thumb. but I doubt any plant "requires" more than 50W per square foot tho.

generally the more light the better, but after you go above 50W the yield per watt ratio does go down (you get slightly more but its less efficient and also you will find at those intensities heat will start to become an issue. Ideally you want to keep your grow between 24 and 27 degrees celsius or thereabouts. :thumbsup:

Edited by pipeman