drying in the growroom

yeah, first harvest day tomorrow :thumbsup: , and still undecided about a couple of things, as usual.

Done me research, like a good student, but , as usual, makin it harder than it has to be.... lol

Plan on dryin in my grow cupboard, has a centrifugal and carbon filter. Should take care of the smell, and mould shouldn't become a problem. Temps are always in the 20s.

I've also made up some lines to hang the plants on.

I've read /heard in various places that's it's better to simply chop as low as possible and hang the plants upside down. This allows for the internal processes to go on in the plant more 'naturally', including rehydration of the outer surface from within the plant as they dry out quicker. Or should I just cut the fuckers up and get me hands all sticky?

Also, should I keep my oscillating fan on 24/7?

Also, any last minute advice for a first time harvester? :doh:

I'm ready, but I've probably missed something.

PS. have 2 Celtic Stone 'golfball' buds picked nearly a week ago that I'm gonna enjoy as an after harvest smoko. :doh: :)

hey mate congrats on your harvest.

with the dryin yeah the grow cupboard is a great place to do it especially if smell is a concern and you have a carbon filter. Obviously get all your tubs and shit outa there so there's no moisture sources. It wouldn't hurt to keep the internal circulation fan goin just don't have it blowing directly on the buds.

In terms of trimming now or trimming after the initial dry yes you are right there are a lot of growers that believe you get a better result by hanging the plant in tact. The disadvantage of that is you may be inviting mould problems espcially if your buds are big and you have a real bushy plant that won't give itself the best air circulation to ensure everything dries out.

Most people just chop and trim straight away. Both because its easier and also you can get straight down to the hash making with the trim while you're waiting for your buds to dry. :thumbsup:

Well, I ended up cutting the CS, rather than hanging it. Funny how things happen. :doh: Couldn't be bothered tying it all up once I got going probably. Will try it in future though for sure.

Happy with the day all up. No dramas, almost the most fun you can have on our own, and all weed on the dry in my grow cupboard. Have 1 Celtic Stone, 1 MyMatesStrain (very sticky this one) 1 hairy bagseed plant.

Thanks to everyone for playin a big part in gettin me through (almost) my first grow.

Not sure on yield etc, but will find out soon enough.. :thumbsup: