Help identifying sucking insect

Hi there

My outdoor plants are attracting an insect pest that is starting to damage the leaves.

I don't have a photo but they live underneath the fan leaves, are 2-3mm long, diamond shaped, white/beige in colour and some have a feathery tail.

They leave a white, powdery residue on some of the leaf stems. There are also what I guess are eggs - 0.5 mm in length, beige, underneath the leaves as well.

They are really doing some damage to the leaves and as much as I try and squash them, they are hanging around.

Any clues on what these might be? And how to treat them?

Are they flying mate? Sounds a bit like whitefly. Could be a type of mite if not flying, but sounds a bit long.

If you are into sprays you can try from - garlic, chilli, tobacco etc; soap; pyrethrum/butoxide; pest oil etc

Make sure you drench the leaves especially the underside.

Try also to mulch and encourage predators to balance out the pests. Good luck with it :applause:

hey there bongo another good idea would be to take a pick so we can see

but as mulla said could be white fly or mites you could also use mite rid as this gets absorbed into the leaves so anything feeding on the leaves will get killed not sure how it works for white fly though

oh and not the best to use during flower

cheerz :Dj: