photoperiod?

hey guys

i was on another site a while ago and theres something thats been in me head

so i thought id post about it

so if from day 1 a seedling is delivered a 12 /12 photoperiod

is this seedling going to be building the flowerin hormone up and wanting to flower

or is this seedling going to adapt to the photoperiod and grow some before flowering on in internal clock?

its just ive heard of a style of growing where u grow ya seedlings in 12/12 untilll they show sex then flip them to 18/6??

this style is said to produce more females than ,mmales also??

would this affect overall potency??

just after wat others think of this

thats if i have made sense

thanks guys

bill

Interesting thing to try. I haven't heard of this being tried. As far as I know it is the increasing dark period which triggers the flowering cycle, although plants will eventually flower even if they are left on an 18/6 cycle. There is a chance that having no change in day length may mean they take too long before they flower, and then won't flower as vigorously as they would with the increasing dark period.

Maybe someone else has tried this?

im growing a very small sog garden atm with only 3 days veg under hps.

it can be done but you would need about 6 to 9 plants per 1m2, and be best to use a mainly sativa or hybrid strains. Would be pointless and a mess if clones are not of the same age and have different growing traits eg indica vs full blown sativa.

clones need to have rooted on same day or they can be different sizes, i picked the first 8 rooted clones put straight into my tray of coco and clay veged for 3 days or until they started to grow new nodes (have decent root ball) then flowered. If i used 12 plants i think i could have got away with 1 day veg but would have needed to chop off more lower branches so canopy doesnt get too thick.

these strains take 8 to 9 weeks to finnish so whole grow shouldnt take more than 8.5 to 9.5 weeks start to fin/.

first pic day 1 flowering

2= day 5

3= day 17

4= day 31

5= day31 bigbud close up of untipped crown

6= day 28 w.rhino untipped crown

ive got to say this has been the easiest grow ive ever done no need for training and only tipped the bigbud plants once when they got too tall around the end of week 1 of flower. one clone didnt keep up with the pace of the others and is now lost in the canopy somewhere , Plant is a rhino in the centre of left row that has been shaded for a long while now from planting in the middle of two bigbuds will be lucky to get a decent crown from her.. i like the grow but there is more plants in this small room than ive grown in the last 6 months with my scrog garden

2 oz per plant would be huge for this room 1.3m x 90cm

post-5631-1167197553_thumb.jpg

post-5631-1167197586_thumb.jpg

post-5631-1167197669_thumb.jpg

post-5631-1167197717_thumb.jpg

post-5631-1167197749_thumb.jpg

post-5631-1167197872_thumb.jpg

Edited by thc24

Well Billo' this can be done with Sativa seeds that are sourced from the equatorial zone and are indigenous to it, say indigenous Javanese buds , New Guinea Gold , Thai,Malawi Madness , what the Pygmies smoke in the Congo ,Brazilian,Columbian,Ecuadorian,Bolivian etc. the reason is that the equatorial zone which is 6 degrees either side of the equator ,here the sunlight is 12 hrs a day all year round ,it is possible to grow these types of genetic stock as perennials outdoors so indoors is no problem,as you know the great complaint about growing some Sativas indoors is that the never finish and this is the reason why so any seed stock thats Sativa and seemingly never wants to finish is a candidate. With these types of plants one justs needs to harvest main buds when there big and sticky enough and it still grows on . Some Sativas particularly compact ones like Durban Poison finish and might not be a candidate,but South Africa is not close to the Eq.Z. oh the first harvest from seed would probably take a good 6 mnths and of course the longer you leave plants in a system that becomes hard to clean because the plants never really finish leaves you prone to catching bugs and diseases. :thumbsup: Edited by Jess Stone