Older Globe

Heya CG :peace: .. mate ive used globes for up to 3 yrs( well past their grow life), and whilst the plants appear to grow healthy they just never seemed to bulk up in the flower stage and i reckon they stretched alot more too, but they never really got sick or looked bad, thats just my experience anyhoo

hope you get to the problem

:doh:

thats pH lockout, has nothing to do with the globe you are using :scratchin:

if you want to try and save those plants, give them a heap of water like 10x the capacity of the pot they are growing in and make sure the pH is around 6.5-7 and thats what mj likes in soil...keep in mind it will take alot for them to recover so dont hold your hopes too high and give them some time before pulling them out and starting again :yahoo:

Cobber I reckon you have some form of root disease happening I would lessen the water and try some fongarid flush him thoroughly and hope for the best.

Just checked out your old link . I personally only use potting mix out doors if u are strapped for cash you can use Kitty Litter .Another hint is Nutrient is the last thing one should ever try to save money on rake up 20-30 bucks and buy some cheap nutrient from a hydro shop ( if I lived near you I would give you some ).

You have the beginnings of a nice setup But IMO potting mix indoors is a no no In yank land they do it a fair bit but growing indoor things need to be sterile plus the fact hydro mixes are specifically designed for indoor use .

Id put them in larger pots if you are going to use potting mix make sure it DOES NOT CONTAIN ANY NUTRIENTS before you start other wise you cant tell what your babies are getting another thing is outdoor plants prefer ph 7 indoor 6-6.5 I always flush potting mix with fresh water and a handful of lime for outdoor use

Sorry mate Im wandering off the track I think you really should reduce your watering I would bet you are overwatering and have root probs because of oxygen starvation .I had similar probs with a mother plant a while ago (potting mix) under a HID I flushed and lthen let lt nearly dry out before feeding with 1/4 strength nute once normal growth resumed I cloned and through away tho pot and everything.

Also you should only be feeding with nute every 2 weeks in potting soil and only everv water with plain water when the soil is dry to a depth of about50/60 mm

Hope Ive been of assistance cobber

Edited by eternity

hey there closet

there are a few things that can cause what you have but does look alot like ph lockout as WDC said but hey it could also be a nute lockout due to fungus gnats have you seen any really small flying bugs around as i have found in most of my soil grows i get fungus gnats the reason is they are usually already in the soil to fix this with the bag sealed put it out in the sun on a hot day the heat will kill off most bug.

also if ya gonna use soil again next time add some pierlite to it it makes for a better growing medium

to fix ya issues i would get them onto some hydro nutes asap this will get some nutrience back into the plant as i can see its lacking nitrogen and magnesium hopefully this will fix the issue you have.

but if you have seen some flying bugs then its most likely a fungus gnat infestation and they will be feeding on your roots and stopping your plant getting the nutrience that it needs the best way to fix this is get some mavric and use it as a soil drench or some pyrethrum you can use as well but as i said thats only if you have a fungus gnat issue the easiest way to tell is run ya hand gently through your foliage and you will see the tiny flies start flying around

hope this helps

cheerz :Dj: