Anyone up for a discussion about mental illness?

F420

Question

Hey all,

Im a member of a site, that is for Bikers in Australia.

On the boards we have some pigs and some fuckwits.

Anyways this pig Rocky is trying to tell everyone that Cannabis causes mental illness.

So whos up for a bit of fun?

Come on fellas, let educate these fuckwits heh?

http://www.ozbiker.org/index.php?option=co...p;topic=10586.0

my reply-

What a load of bullshit that is heh.

Weed causing mental illnesses is crap. You have to have something wrong mentally in the first place. The weed just allows it to come out in some people. It doesnt give a normal sane (whatsever that is) person mental illnesses. Theres been just as many tests done that proove it doesnt.

Some people will believe anything on the idiot box. http://www.ozbiker.org/vent_forum/Smileys/default/rolleyes.gif

Educate yourself Rocky, before spouting such crap.

http://www.norml.org/index.cfm?Group_ID=6798

responce here (missing out a few of the replies-

Smash

The old cause or trigger arguement is long dead and buried, I think you to get up to date with the education. All the medical professionals now agree that it is in fact a cause of mental illness and is not just a trigger to a pre existing mental disorder.

The THC has now been proven to severly and permanently change brain chemistry, the higher the THC level and/or prolonged use the higher the risk of mental illness.

I am with Doc work in the health or emergency service field and then see whether you believe it is a harmless drug.

Rocky

AND-

smash ,

that site is a pro cannibas site .

I work in the Psych system and 54% of patients in public wards are drug induced psychosis or drugs have a major bearing ( underlying schiz) etc etc

Regardless of what the Pro- legalise want and how they go about it , it still comes back to the same thing ...........It causes and exaserbates pyschiatric illnesses.

If you believe this bullshit that drugs dont have a bearing or serious effect on mental illness, then feel free to come to work with me when I am working acute psych and working in (high dependancy) Lock up , they are violent , aggressive paranoid ++++ , responding to visual and auditory halucinations.

After spending a day in HD with me you will see the real effect that drugs have on people.

Personally if people use it in moderation , then you will find there is little hassles, but how many people do you find that can do things in moderation ( ie drink, drugs,smoke etc )

I dont want it legilised as then my son could do it and it would be lawfull.

I have told my 3 boys , I catch him takeing ANY drugs that will be the end of them.

Heya Spook lol yea i would rather not get involved with people who demonstrate such ignorance, and use such wildly inaccurate blanket statements. Knowing me i would be banned in the 1st day cause im such a 'hothead' specially with pigs lol

the bloke in psych. work tells his kids 'its the end of them if he catches them with ANY drugs' ... well you tell kids that and one day when Dad is not around his kid DOES try mj... the most likely result is the kid gets high, wakes up next day and says 'Dad is full of shit, i tried mj and i enjoyed it ... its not dangerous like Dad says ... wonder what other bullshit he told us? .... wonder if he is bullshitting about speed and smack?

Lets get real mj is here to stay, just like alcohol and tobacco which has a scorecard of millions of deaths,

whats the death scorecard on mj again .....?

so ya better get used the fact that prohibition does not work! ... never has ! its an utter waste of police resources to pursue adults who have made a personel choice to use mj.

The one consession i do make is that mj MAY have a detrimental effect on the mental development of young ppl under 21 yrs of age

Take the Indian example where millions of mature age ppl smoke mj regularly, and have been doing so for hundreds of years, but ive seen no evidence they have packed out Psych wards?

And dont try to shove it down my neck that Schizophrenia is caused by mj use, because there are NOT two Drs. or clinical researchers who can agree on the actual causation of Schizophrenia.!!!! and that is an undisputable fact !

Fuck the cunts Fereng they stick thier ignorant heads in the sand to bake thier brains, then they come up with all this hysterical rubbish about weed.

lol

Hey Spook.

The fella has shown his hand there. His desire is to keep canabis illegal for his sons, in the vain hope they wont break the law (!)

If they want to try cannabis, they will, legal or not.

Cannabis does have a serious effect on mental illness. If used alone, high quality cannabis taken via a healthy method, brings serious relief from many of the symptoms, of most disorders.

He sounds confused by his psych ward work and has lumped all drugs together. Perhaps he's been misled by some psychotic patients who blame their outbursts on cannabis alone.

Poor nutrition is the gateway to psychosis. lol Adding too many drugs to a poor diet will ruin mental health. The psych ward will be just adding their drugs into the equation. Along with this, the anti cannabis education laced with myths and propaganda - all add to the patient's anxieties. And so tipping the scales further toward aggressive outbursts (thro fear)

They should allow the mentally ill to care for a cannabis plant. Get to know how to look after themselves thro the plant. How to flush your roots clean and live in a healthy environment with good nutrition.

Not fear tactics and right and wrong BS.

A % of cops are psychotic too lol

you tell me what is crazy and what is normal before we even debate this...if crazy means thinking freely from everybody else and not letting the physical restrict you...call me crazy.

all these debates are doing are getting people to take sides, if you think you're saving people buy proclaiming MARIJUANA CAUSES MENTAL ILLNESS, or REEFER MADNESS, you're sadly mistaken.

There's always gonna be free thinkers that will smoke marijuana because they WANT to, not because somebody who wants a bit of attention is telling them it's bad, it's called observation and deduction, on your own terms.

lol

"divided we fall" anyone?

basically...what im trying to say is...if you think weed makes you crazy, don't smoke it, your loss, no skin off my nose...but if you decide to try it, and see for yourself...welcome to life lol

Weed causing mental illnesses is crap. You have to have something wrong mentally in the first place. The weed just allows it to come out in some people. It doesnt give a normal sane (whatsever that is) person mental illnesses. Theres been just as many tests done that proove it doesnt.

To be honest, this is quite possibly a fallacy as well. Probably just my ignorance, but i'm yet to read a medical journal that proves such information correct. What's to say all the artificial chemicals that we intake over the years in our food isn't the main contributor? Asthma, A.D.D., etc... was hardly ever heard of 40 odd years back. Now it seems we've got a lot of the younger generation with all these ailments and complications...

IMHO, just another way the corporate world is fkn us over...

of course weed can cause mental illness. To deny this is ignorance.

the point that should be made is that almost anything you get addicted to has the potential to cause mental illness, and to make cannabis users criminals under the law is not only illogical but immoral. :doh:

Edited by pipeman

I agree pipeman. I think excessive cannabis use can lead to mental illness just like anything in excess. It shouldn't be singled out and made illegal just because not everyone knows how to practice moderation. They're going to get their hands on it wether it's legal or not. I'd like to see the psychiatric ppl turn their keens sense of observation back onto the damage psychiatric drugs are doing to ppl. If the world wants to get rid of drugs pushers, why not start at the top. The Big Boys. The psychiatric pharmecutical companys themselves. There's a pill for just about every state of mind these days. It's nuts and costing the pharmecutical benifits scheme a fortune. They give the quacks holidays as bonuss for perscribing certain number of them. How fuct up is that.

moderation, moderation, moderation. I dont' want to see alcohol made illegal just cos freaks bash each other on it, or depressed ppl drink it all day. I like to have a beer at a bbq, or a joint at the drive-in movies. Governments meddling in my free-will can fuck off with all their 'facts'. I smoke in moderation and i've never hulucinated, heard voices or have lung cancer.