L.E.D Grow Lights for Veg

123abc

:thumbsup:

To all of you who dont no.. L.E.D Stands for Light Emitting Diode and most commonly associated with those little red bulbs that tell you Battery Low or Power On...

Over the last few years L.E.D Technology has bloomed and you see it more and more commonly on high power low voltage torches and even on Flash Lights and Even Camper Van and Energy Efficient Homes- Not to mention on EVERY MOBILE PHONE and FLASH Camera Phone..

It is the Fluro Replacement in Light Technology... Now My Questions are this.. Provided you can find L.E.D that emit light at the the Right Spectrum for Vegative Growth.. How Would they work for Clones.. does any body no much about them.. I relise they emit alot less heat (and use alot less power) i assume they would have to be kept as close or maybe closer than a CF..

Just a general Idea and hoping somebody can shed some light.. if any body ever did an outdoor shed/hydro set up powerd by Solar these would be a good clone/veg alternative (provided they work..)

Any input any body..? i just had an general idea because i heard of people growing Lettuce under 8 x Old Nokia Bright L.E.D.s (and i know Lettuce is a low light shrubby plant)

lol

This is a topic that interest me greatly.

LED are so cheap to run and produce no heat. Here are a few links for you to have a look at. They are from the UK420 ozstoner sister site.

http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?showtopic=75818

and

http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?showtopic=76773

Bloody amazing growing with LEDs. Anyone on OzStoners tried this yet?

leds sounds the way to go for future growing

i checked out a few lighting store catalogs for led prices, and apparently the ones you would need to grow with are only 0.19c each when you buy 1000+

but im not 100% sure, ive read somewhere that weed requires the blue and red spectrum and is measures in units of 'nm'... and also come in different types of view angles.

but if this sounds as easy as it does.... it will be so simple to create a panal of leds consisting of 600 red and 200 blue hooked up to a 12v transformer.

there are simple circut boards you can buy from dick smith which require no skill to simply 'plug in' any number of led's to be powered along a strip

you could even have a 100 leds hanging along a wire dangling into your plants growing radius :peace:

but for only 19 cents a light, and needing 1000 to easily compare to a 600w hid it doesnt sound that bad, also no need to throw out your globe every 3 cycles, because these babys have a 7 year warrenty