HELP HELP I NEED WATER

hey there apho

i would not worry about going to extra expence of a filtration system all i would do is get a cheap ppm tester off of ebay and then just lesson your nutes a little and all will be good i hear in some parts of SA the ppm can be 200-300ppm to start with where as here in vic mines around 100ppm so not a huge amount of differance

cheerz :Dj:

SA is pretty good in comparison to WA. We have water quality in my catchment of about 560-700ppm and most of that is sodium and chlorides, with a fair chunk of bicarbonates too.

Get a good ec meter, like a truncheon if you're going to get one, they're far and away superior and will last a lot longer than a crap one. Your local water supply company/authority should have figures available for the makeup of the tap water in your area, and won't bat an eyelid at giving out that info as it's a common request.

Most tap water is suitable, even here in Perth. It doesn't do you any favours, certainly, and it reduces the amount of fertiliser you can give the plants, which can cause problems with yeild, but MJ is fairly tolerant of these kinds of conditions and usually does okay with a bit of care. Using a nutrient designed for Hard water, if that's what you actually have, is useful, as this takes into account the nutrition, (such as it is) that is available in the tap water and helps to minimise nutritional problems inherent in poor quality waters.