online vendors

Hi all,

Getting to the pointy end of buying my centrifugal fan. Going with a Fantech 150mm centrifugal.

Problem is no-one appears to want to sell me one..or at least you'd think so.

hydro-aqua-pet.com.au have the best price by far $222 +shipping. However, I've found their service is an absolute joke. Days waiting for email replies. Even sent them a flame email over 2 days ago...still no reply. Gooses. Doesn't exactly instill any confidence.

All other vendors I've contacted are $280+ plus shipping, so they're out of the loop at the moment.

Can anyone recommend or point me to any vendor that

1. Stocks, or can source the Fantech

2. Has simple professional service.

Thanks for any input.

Cheers :peace:

not bad mouthing them stonedstump..just calling it as I see it....

Severals day email response, particulary sales related, is simply not acceptable. I've given these guys a fair amount of leeway, but they are simply not up to scratch....at the moment.

If they change their tune..great....but atm I feel a little nervous handing over a few hundred dollars to a company who fails to answer emails.

Cheers :peace:

Edited by blacksaint

No worries stonedstump...I'm glad to at least hear one good report about hydro-aqua-pet. A few have said to me that if you go into their shop, get what you want (usually at a good price), then get out, you're laughin.

The problems only seem to arise with their service, and particularly mail orders.

yeah thanks billo....I queried Nutriflo recently, and he could only source the Allvent UF20 150mm centrifugal. I understand its a very good unit, but for a similar price, the Fantech appears a much superior product.

I'm actually today going to contact those such as Nutriflo again, to see if we can revisit sourcing the Fantech.

Nutriflo does appear to have a very good reputation. I can see myself buying through them in the near future.

stonedstump if you want people to stop badmouthing HAP you should tell them to reply to their emails on a regular basis. Others, including me, have had the same complaint.

blacksaint if you want my advice don't buy the fan from a hydro shop. Look up electrical suppliers in the yellow pages and you will probably find it cheaper, just remember to ask them to wire up a plug in chord for you if you don't want to do it yourself. :peace:

yeah pipeman...I've enquired at a few electrical outlets..they don't even come close to the $222 hydro-aqua

-pet are asking.

AFter COB today though, if they haven't replied to my email, their off my list FOREVER. Just too hard dealin with these guys...

Any way, I'll source one somewhere,and let you guys get on with something more positive. Thanks for all your input.

Just thought I'd add this post regarding the response I received from hydro-aqua-pet this afternoon.

To: blacksaint

Date: 05-Dec-2006 15:36

Subject: Re: Fantech 150mm centrifugal fan

you have to dumb mother fucker to not know that there is a plug on the end of the fan. Your question was "is there a plug on the end of the fan" answer YES. What are you a fucking idiot

enough said :peace: