Wots Perfect Fluro watt

Guest elefunk_delivers

Guest elefunk_delivers

Sup guys i was wondering wots the most perfect watt for a clone to root at under 2ft twin tube fluro set up.. ?

and dose any1 know if i can buy a 600 hps or 1000 hps (globe only) and throw it into a standard rectangle ballast..? "without me no fryin"

and if so how much am i lookn at globes..?

i was wondering wots the most perfect watt for a clone to root at under 2ft twin tube fluro set up.. ?

I use a couple of CF's for cloning, the twin tubes should work ok but I would move them to a better light set-up after they start to show signs of growth.

and dose any1 know if i can buy a 600 HPS or 1000 HPS (globe only) and throw it into a standard rectangle ballast..?

Only if it is the correct type of ballast for the wattage and globe type, MH ballast for MH light, HPS ballast for HPS globe.

http://www.gamers-forums.com/smilies/contrib/ruinkai/coolgleamA.gif http://64.207.13.28/mysmilies/otn/glasses/smokin.gif

hey elefunk,

Depending on what watts per square foot in vegetative grow depends on how many fluro fixtures you will need...

Lets say your growth chamber is a 400 watt in 4x2 (8 foot2) so 50 watts a square foot. If you tried to clone under a 2 foot fluro it would probably only be about 5-10 watts a square foot...

The clones will take under fluro but i find that if you keep the light intesity the same they stay perky and dont take ages to regenerate growth...

The actual light fixture will handle a 4/6/1000 watt globe but as tom said your ballast must suit the light....

Ill explain in more depth if ;) see you later ;)

Ahh, funk o san....

personally, I clone under a two foot flouro fiiting in which I have placed (drumroll) two 20 watt porglo tubes.

Under these two tubes I generally achieve roots in 7 days. It seems sufficient for a standard sized heat tray

and clone dome. I don't root that many, but I would imagine if need be I could get around 30 under this one pair of tubes. Some will try to sell you 'aquaglo' as they are softer (supposedly for cloning) - bullshit - accept no imitation. Clone on. If the cult nutcases can do it, so can we. I'm calling all of mine from this batch 'Dolly'.

Happy rooting.

Vazhormone

cool white or daylight work well, but the optimum tube for a couple dollars more per tube has to be tri-phosphor, more lumens for same powerhttp://216.40.249.192/mysmilies/contrib/sarge/ShiftyEyes_anim.gif

cheers Mozz :mellow:

p.s.

2 foot tube = 18watts (old tube 20watts)

4 foot tube =36watts (old tube 40watts)

can get 5 foot 65watts, but not as comon

C.F.s 7w,9w,11w,13w,18w,etc.

round tubes 20watt

Guest mrtickles
hey elefunk

mate i just use acouple of those 2 foot fluros =80watts the tubes i use are a are HITACHI,they give a purpley spectrum they work well,then i just drop in coolwhites 4 veg to give them a little xtra care :D

I was just wondering..in regards to the 40 watt fluros!how many plants u got per light ....what about combining them with a 400watt son t-ago?and r u still using the purple lights along with the cool whites?