Bluelab EC Truncheon cleaning

Bluelab themselves recommend unscented jif. You can get a copy of their cleaning instructions and other maintenance information on www.getbluelab.com

Make sure you only use unscented jif, never a scented type, as this may damage the probe.

With good maintenance, a truncheon should last 10+ years in fine working order and never need calibrating.

Luke....yeah I've been through all the documentation for Bluelab...even the cool videos on their site. I'm an avid researcher before asking most questions.

The question arose as the Bluelab manual says Jif or similar,but I notice they do sell a complete kit - cleaning solution, calibrating solution, chamois etc. Is it worth getting, or is it just a wank.

From what I can see, all I need is Jif (or similar) and calibrating solution to test every now and then.

It's okay, but I'd say just use a finger and the jif.

I do test my truncheon now and then for calibration, but I'm yet to see it more than a point out, and when it is, once it's clean it's right back to normal. lol So perhaps checking against cal solution (remember, it should read 28, as cal solution is 27.6ms, which is closer to 28, than to 27...) once every 3 months or so is a good idea, just to make sure things are running smoothly.

The bluelab pH probe cleaners I can vouch for, those little glass bulb cleaners are great, gets pH probes spotless. But the truncheon kit I can't see as being much better than your finger. :peace: