hey guys lol

today i heard some conflicting views on ph of nutes to plants in coco B)

wat is the best ph to set the nutrient mix to in vege??

and again in flower??

its i just want to get every thing spot on for a starter then tweak from there lol

my medium will be a mix of canna coco and perlite 50/50

and ive got xtreme for grow

and canadian xpress coco bloom for flower :bleh: :

along with some of the additives from as well

like head master,superior potash for flower along with some bio balancer and maybe wilt guard

will be in a run to waste set up in 430mm pots

thanks for ya help guys

bil

The pH effects the availability of the minerals in the nutrients, to the plants. A chart like I've attached explains it better. So regardless of the growing medium, or the stage the plants are at, the theoretical ideal pH value is 6.3. But you don't have to be too fussy about it. A range anywhere between 5.5 and 6.5 will be fine. If the pH keeps changing rapidly, usually going up, I have found it easier to stabilise it by pushing it a touch lower than ideal ie 5.5.

In a system like yours, it is the pH of the nutrients at the plants roots that is more important than the pH of the nutrients you actually feed them. Collect some of the runoff after they have been watered and test that. The first bit of runoff is the best. If the pH is not ideal, vary the pH of the feed nutrient to correct it. Aim at correcting it over a period rather than in one big change. Once you have done it for a while you'll work out the ideal pH of the feed to keep it within reason in the growing medium.

http://www.intelli-flow.com/images/pHchart.gif