Inside Scoop

Do the police need to get a warrant to find out how much electricty a person uses?

I would doubt it. Thats the thing about power bills, buying from hydro shops, internet activity etc etc. They can't get you convicted in and of themselves, but could be used as a means to get a search warrant to do you over properly.

At the moment Energex is advertising air-conditioners that can be payed off on your electricity account.

Normal power bill + air-con + use of power of air-con

Cheers

Just get other quotes to compare when dealing with Energex. Their "consultants" aren't all that good and tend to sell you bigger units than what you really need just to cover their ass.

I had a guy knock on my door, and said he was there about the power.He said" Its nothing serious" he wanted to see my bill and said there was some way of saving money on my bill, if I did something or other".

I cant remember exactly what.

i was on the phone at the time and asked him if he had a card or a pamphlet with telephone number I could ring to arrange these savings.

He never left a card or number.

But i thought it was just like a travelling salesman type of dude , kind of like the Optus television people.

Anyone had any experiencelike this sort of thing?

Regards

kash

That sounds VERY sus!!!

Not simply the fact that he came knocking, but also asked to see your bill!!??

No, police don't need a warrant to access your power bills. Nor do they need a warrant to check your phone records. In NSW, the just pay a small fee for each search they request.

I cover my bum by having a infra red lamp that I use sometimes for aches and pains, its a 1200 watt unit that I got from a garage sale.

I also have a reverse cycle air contitioner in the house that never gets any use and we all know how much power they use.

I dont expect to get any knocks on the door over my electricity usage but its a little insurance if I do.