24h of darkness

nate dog

Nah that will more likely kick them harder into the bloom

I often give them 24+ hrs of darkness when I change nuts from grow to bloom at my switch to 12/12 as I wait that long to stabalise the PH etc on the new nutrients. In that time i prefer them to go without watering as I wouldnt wanna shock them so I kill the light as well.

instead of say 5 inch long buds and 2 inches wide you might get 4 inches long and 2 1/2 inches wide tit for tat really as it will slow your growth pushing to bud faster

A couple of days of dark will not hurt them. So even if your lamp blows and you can't get another one for 2 days, they'll be fine. It is best to leave them in the dark rather than try and supplement light with other light sources. That is where they can stretch or grow weird. If they get more than 2-3 days of dark then they may start to go a bit yellow, but they'll green up as soon as they get light again.

And as the others said, sometimes it actually gives them a good boost into flowering.