Transpiration

Gday all

How much water do your plants transpire in an average day? They have about 3 weeks left.

Lately, Im topping my reservoir up with around 7/8 litres per day which works out at about 1.3 L/plant...

Does this sound right to you for a 6 plant setup? They are by no means large in anyway and I cant find any water leaks either. This decrease in water volume is sending ph/ EC levels up and down(when corrected) daily by about a full unit.

Cheers for advice :whistle:

how much water that gets used will depend on alot of factors like method of growing, medium, size of the plants, temperatures, the season you are going in, etc.

i wouldnt worry about 1.3L per plant to be honest, especially with summer on its way. I remember seeing one of eikel's old grows on here or cs, i forget which forum now, but his plants were using like 6L per day each and they were barely 2ft tall and wide :whistle: so unless you get an extreme amount of water being used up, ie. 10L+ per day, i wouldnt worry about anything as long as you can keep the res topped up :yahoo:

yeah not to worry. couple things to note is that air ciculating over the leaves will increase transpiration ive been told. i actually now have my fans blowing between the lights and top of plants (ie in the canopy) as opposed to directly onto the plant tops. less stress on the plant imo

also low humidity increases transpiration. whats your humidity