Will this Work?

Having big problems with first grown - the girls are in flower - but the 400w hps seems to be drying out the leafs.

Will they continue to flower if I pull em out of their cupboard onto the floor - they will not get any direct light but they will be only about 2ft away - is that enough light to keep em going??? B)

Also what will happen if I give them fert with N in it - I gave them a high fert in PK but it stuffed em up .

if you want better replies you will have to give us more information about your grow, ie. the strains (if known), the nutes you are using, what method of growing is being used, what medium your growing in, how high the light is, etc. and a picture tells a thousand words so even a shitty webcam quality pic would help heaps :D

but from what i got from your post i think the best thing you could do would be to raise the light a good 15-30cm to ensure its not the light burning them, make sure the temp at the canopy doesnt reach more than 30-35 degrees and finally i would flush the living hell out of the plants and start them back on like 1/2 stretch nutrients for a week untill they recover B) once the recover, gradually lower the light, increase the strength of the nutes and make sure to keep a close eye on the pH as that can cause many problems if it gets slightly out of range :D

((( Will they continue to flower if I pull em out of their cupboard onto the floor)))

If the light stays at 12hrs they will keep flowering .

Your concern at being 2ft away tells me your way too close in a small environment , ambient temp is controlled by airflow so just up the flow ( fans ) untill the box runs at a temp your happy with , and radient temp is controlled by how close your globe is , a simple way is just put the back of your hand under the globe at canopy height , if its at all on the hot side it will burn them ( rembember they are there 12hrs )

If your newish they probably have gotten bigger than you thought and overgrown the box size ,, what might be better than burning the crap out of some plants and light restricting others is to prune back the lower branches that get little light then open up the top to get more light to your prime colas , dont worry what you cut of as the plant will just put that energy into whats left , you will get more of better quality in the washup this way .

1 of the first things i learnt is

wen the plants arent lookin real good

raise ya light

check ya ph,tds, nutes etc

on the 3rd day start bringin the light back down closer to the plants

]oh and always use the back of the hand method for workin out the corect hieght to hang..

if the back of ya hand is hot

ya girls will be hot and uncomfortable

so set it at a level where ya hand feels comfy

good luck

bil

well hello lassy :smoke:

im not shore that ya problem is burn as it will usually burn all the top of the bud looks like ya problem is very sparatic could be nute burn could also be a diff but hey could also be burn those pics aint the best to look at :toke:

if ya wanna put the plants on the ground do that and get ya light and tie a piece of string to the front and tie it that will tilt the front side of ya light upward thus directing the light still at the plants

but i would be giving them a good flush with ph adjusted water and then checkin the ph of the run off and also checking the ppm of the nutes you are feeding them

also what medium are you growin in and what type of light are you using

cheerz :Dj: