Benchmarking strain

it would be almost impossible to do from seed and to make matters even more fun it would be almost impossible to do it from clones unless all the clones were virtually identical in development and size when taken + rooted on the same day :D if you were to take cuttings of all shapes, sizes or have them root even a day or 2 apart it would throw your whole experiment out the window as the smaller and slower ones would have nothing on the othes come harvest time B)

i think the only way it could be done would be to take heaps more cuttings than you need and only use the ones that are virtually the same in every way or to get some seeds from a breeder who has backcrossed a strain a minimum of 5 times. the clones would give a much better result imo, but if you get a strain that has been backcrossed 5 times or more theoratically 9/10 plants should be indentical so that would also give a good result to go by as well lol the downside is those seeds would cost a pretty penny as the breeding involved could literally take years to do and if you choose to go with clones you could end up having double or triple what you need left over without a home :D

apart from genetics i think the main thing that needs to be addressed is having every system in vitually the same environment, ie. use the same size grow room, lighting, nutes and ventilation and only having the method of growing the plants different. if any of those were to change it would also throw things right off as well...

if you happen to do side by side grows it would make for a killer grow diary so i give you my best wishes in getting it started if you happen to go that way and very much look forward to seeing pics :D

I totally go along with this. Keep in mind it takes a lot of time to get the perfect seed that will grow the perfect plant. And then again it is all a personal taste.