Smoking Flowers

And other stuff I have heard.

When I was young I remember walking passed hotels on a perpetual summer afternoon and seeing men unconscious on the footpath. On occasion I saw them vacantly leaning on traffic-light poles their trouser-flies baptised with piss. At the same time I was told that smoking cannabis led to ‘harder’ drugs. I was told that ‘Jesus loves me this I know’ but always believed this with the same fervour that I believed in Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny – both of whom seemed more amiable. If you got a lot of presents it was because you were good; if you didn’t it was because you were Aboriginal.

Life was gentler then. The televised human ear key-rings of the Vietnam War seemed cool when you were in fifth class. Although tonight on ‘Big Brother Up Deep’ see the Israelis take over the sandpit and construct walls to keep everybody else out! John Howard and George Bush – did they kiss? Did Tony Blair inhale only because George told him to? Or there is ‘Queer Eye for the Outdoor Restaurant Chef Make-Over’. See sexy, scintillating gay men and overtly willing straight couples battle it out in a restaurant on a deserted island paradise to see who can made-over whom.

If ‘Reality T.V.’ is a contrived terrorist trip down hitherto ill-lit thoroughfares of the collective imagination and the betrayer of well-known secrets; then politics is the degraded, degrading and modern sacred prostitution! Like tawdry conjurers the parlour-room fakes create and destroy W.M.D.s, world crises, peoples, religions and the groundwork for the future. Privation induced hysteria can be transformed into any number of shades of war-fever and nuances of hero-worship. This has always been their stock-in-hand trick, for ours is a superficial Age based upon the absurd and foundered in the pretentious.

Current Affairs starlets ingratiate themselves with titillating special interest stories concerning the latest in hardcore fashion. X-rated Siamese twins, delinquent Down’s syndrome dolls and abattoir abortion fetish D.V.D.s hardly raise an eyebrow. See Dame Molly Thatcher, a look-alike actress, apply the whip to a series of young offenders and queue-jumpers. Watched transfixed as mascara bedaubed Taliban holy men walk the streets beating the shit out of young women. We view the edited family friendly bulletins as timid voyeurs of a smorgasbord of misery supplied by pimps.

Hoodlums of the intellect and cultural assassins creep below the noticeable, hiding just off screen. We face each other off in a Plastic Age – non-descript and friendless. Each day repeats like a Take-Away pizza, passing like a serenade of police and ambulance sirens, until they switch-off the switch – theirs and ours. In suburban bungalows, chic apartments, council estates, country residences, boarding houses, motor vehicles, under bridges and in a thousand other accidental ‘homes away from home’ the misplaced settle down to lives in isolation and in silent desperation they sedate themselves to the grim reality that tomorrow is another day!

I toast myself with a seemly cone.

And it gets me through.

Hello everybody, im new here :thumbdown:

I am starting get the impression that the only reason that our favourite herb is illegal is that you are much more open to looking outside of the box and the government doesnt want this as its a lot harder to train a monkey that is open to looking at other possibilities on its own. Im so damn sick of ignorant people, not only refering to the herb but: the federal reserve, all the wars, palestine, 911 etc. I figure if it doesnt add up it cant be true!!! Although i too went trough the education system that tried to brainwash me and tell me big bro is my friend......... 6 schools and a few certificates later here i am. Actually found a school that was full of x hippy teachers that actually told me that what im learning is full of it......... and i will allways cherish them for that lesson.

Cheers

Chris

p.s. excuse my rant..........im just very excited to find this site :doh: