Have you got spidermite sorted down your way?

I just wanted to ask what you guys use to control or manage or eradicate the borg down your neck of the woods?

I mean,total grow room sterility is nice but can only be done with a complete shutdown of your grow but most of us have if not rolling production methods at least plants coming in which stop us from doing a total sterilisation of your grow which means invariably coping with the borg,so I wonder how you guys do it?

You can keep numbers down to a minimum or even eliminate them with careful management and preventative actions. Good intake screens for growrooms are a start, as well as treating any plants outdoors which may come into contact with you before you go to a GR.

Things like regular spraying of neem, particularly with new stock is a good idea, one spray every 10 days or so should keep the numbers down. You can also find something called "dead red" which has a mite specific insecticide which is called vertimec I think.. this is quite safe yet moderately lasting on the plant, (1 week or so) and can gain fast control of most populations.

Any new stock coming into the room should be inspected and sprayed all over for at least the first three weeks it's in the new growroom. If obvious infestation is present you could segregate it from the other plants, but usually this isn't practical.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for all your replies guys.

I'm going to be using a new product called SB Plant invigorator. It's an organic plant tonic which spidermite hates apparently and can be applied at any time throughout a grow. It was tested this summer by various growers and got excellent reports.

So seeing as I have the borg,I've be using this stuff when my delivery of it arrives.

The plants love it too,it's actually good for them. :D

At the moment I'm just giving them sprays of water with a bit of washing up liquid in it.Does the job but can't use it as flowering progresses.

Edited by Dr Rockster

g'day; the cheapest remedy i've found is straight water! if plant is in veg, foliar spray often, mites hate water and it will annoy them, i also have a good collection of little 'money' spiders or jumping spiders (not sure of exact name)they love eating the occasional bug that enters the room and they not overly worried about misting of water. they also do not spin a web like mites do.

another good tip i read a while back is......collect as many spidermite as ya can, crush them into a paste, add them to water and spray your plants with it, apparently they don't like walking over their dead brothers and sisters, tho i've never tried this method.