Transplanting seedlings from soil to coco coir?

Hi there

I've got some young seedlings (at about 4 nodes) in soil.

A change of plans and I want to now hand water them in coco coir with 30% perlite using Canna Coco A + B.

How feasible is it to transplant from soil to coco?

My plan is to hand water around 2x a day if I can get them into coco.

I don't know, but the longer you leave it the harder it will be to wash the soil from the roots.

I had to transplant my plants last year because of fungus gnats in the soil and they were only small, about the same size as yours and it was hard to wash all the soil from the roots.

Other than that I don't see a problem just check your pH and try to keep it around the same.

I would leave the soil rootball alone and just transplant the whole thing directly into the coco.

Make sure to spend up and get some canazyme mate. Its good stuff :blink:

If you have fungas gnats and you dont get rid of them all they will come back in the coco just as bad. You will want to get some rhizotonic for your roots aswell

Edited by MaC

All done - took advantage of the cooler, wet weather right now and are looking good.

Gave them an initial feed with 1.5ml A + 1.5 ml B (per litre) of the Canna Coco nutes.

Really should give them some Rhizotonic I suppose for their roots. Kept a couple of seedlings to transplant into organic potting mix and go organic and do a side by side comparison with the coco.

I should mention these are LowRyder #2. Not the original LR which apparently leaves a lot to be desired in the potency stakes. LR #2 is described as:

The long-awaited successor to the Joint Doctor’s flagship strain is finally here. Lowryder #2 is the newest product of the breeder’s quest to improve the strength, yield and flavour of his original variety while maintaining the unusual characteristics that made it so popular.

Lowryder #2 has been infused with superior Santa Maria genetics, a variety known for copious resin production, exotic taste and soaring highs, it is an indica / sativa hybrid originally from Brazil. The cross was subsequently selectively inbred for three generations.

The result is an auto-flowering dwarf that yields a wonderfully strong, head-turning smoke with intoxicating taste. The strength and flavor is backed by copious resin production and much-improved yield and stability. Buds are larger, tighter and more aromatic than the original Lowryder.

2 are showing male pre-flowers which I hope means the others are females. This will be a seed run - want to selectively pollinate a female and get a bunch of seeds without seeding the whole crop hopefully. Here's hoping the Santa Maria genetics shines through!