Tree Grows - what system would u use.?

GDay ppls.. im just curious to know how many of you have done big tree grows.?

ive done sum searching but cant seem to find any post on 0ne pound indoor tree grows an the systems they used to achive such yeilds....? ive seen and few systems like dripping recirculating systems, dwv and bio's..

but keen to see sum kitab grow rectangle box systems or sumthing simlair for the commerical crop out..

im intrested in doin sumthing simlar so any advice on systems that will yeild the shit.. when i throw the watts at it.. pls feel free to post.. im looking at using 5-6x600's hps

battabong

Hey man Welcome!!!!

Trees arn't exactly what you are looking for indoors but some people do grow 4 to 6 foot plants indoors.

You see the higher you go the longer the base of the plant is away from the light...and that aint to crash hot for them.

Plus not many people have ceilings much higher then the standard 2400mm so much higher would require a chainsaw to the roof.

Aim for a quality canopy and you will yield more with the smaller bushes without needing the trees. Its all down to light maximisation

hi mate welcome.

crop boxes and trees go hand in hand. most popular are 45lt crop boxes. a general photo is pictured. but they are now available in 65 lt deeper ones (also pictured) if you want extra size for root and medium. one fluted crop box sits ontop of one solid crop box. plant and medium is in top box, roots hang into bottom box. top fed and recirculating back to rez.

use 150mm deep grodan slabs (ie a normal 75 mm grodan slab cut in half and double layered) for extra root growth. dont use 75 mm slab to save a few dollars like some do. use a full 150mm slab per box. you will have more medium and much better root growth to support a big plant. the bottom stem gets as thick as your forearm. make sure you have a nice saw to cut it down!

1lb plants will be consistently achieved - by using the above with a scrog setup (and if your not anti PGR's they will help you too). you will need to veg 6 weeks or more though to fill the net out sufficiently. big plants need long veg times. use canna rhizo to kick them off faster and much better root growth in veg. using scrog you dont have the height issue that you would otherwise

and if you want 1lb plus plants go 1000's (600's dont have the punching power imo). but if you have already purchased your 600's then put one 600 light over each crop box. if not, then get yourself 1000's. 4 x 1000hps and 2 x 1000 MH is an ideal mix of spectrum and will cover a nice 3.6 x 2.4 metre scrog giving you 65 watts per sq ft. put 8 crop boxes under that size net though

post-6789-1162738465_thumb.jpg

post-6789-1162738503_thumb.jpg

thanks peeps for your replys...

nothing better then fast info at my finger tips... while im smoking this shit..

im all for an even canopy, so i think scrog situation is the geee oo..

tell me in these crop boxs..

is that 2 returns back to the ressi..?

how often do u feed..?

what kinda distance between plants..?

and could u fit 2 plants in each box or too squishy...?

what kinda energy am i eating with 6,000 watts.. ? qtr bill price wise..?

bringmeabonglongtime

Edited by emptyness

hey champ. now your thinking!

the feed is top fed, drains through the slab and first box into the bottom box back to the rez from there. put bottom box on milk crates to raise it aboe the rez level so that you only have an inch of water in bottom box just to keep roots moist.

spot on re the 2 plants per box. thats the preferred outcome if you want to fill out the scrog quicker and reduce veg time. 1 plant if you convernced about plant numbers, 2 and you can fill out the area quicker.

distance between plants depends on how many plants and boxes. in a 2.4 x 2.4 area. six boxes is plenty. that would be a 4kw watt setup. in a 3.6 x 2.4 area, you would go 8 boxes, maybe 10 if you wanted shorter veg time. thats a 6kw area.

feeding increases as they get older. prefer to use 4mm line with no drippers so they never block up. start 1min x 3 feeds a day first week of veg. rest of veg 1min x 6 feeds. flower increase feed times up to 10min each feed x 4.

bill incrase per 1000w @ $150 per qrt

cheers

Keep lefty wicked advice mate..

i was wondering if u got any posts of these grows..?

ive had stink issues with smaller grows.. and i can imagin throwing

large watts at it is only going to increase the rezin production an smell..

how do u get around it.. sumtimes my carbon filter just wont kill it all..

$900 dolla bill on top of my normal living shait....

ill stick with the 6's hehe

Edited by emptyness

im having a go at 1 plant per 600wt for my next grow.

pots are 55lt and in run2waste style, 200lt res 3000tph water pump feeding pots through 4 drippers per pot.

Im expecting a long veg though around 4 to 5 weeks is the price you pay for low plant #s. plants have only been in the big pots for 3 days but have already spread the roots well.

1 plant per 1.2m x 1.2 and no taller than 40cm is the shape im after.

hey kl i like the boxes that first one is the new cloner im hoping to buy or make soon, runs off a water heater over a heatmat.

Edited by thc24

hi emptyness if you want to see pics of a great diary with scrog and 600's then search for THC24's grow diary, he's got it all worked out.

re the smell you going to need a carbon filter of course. dont bother with ozone (ozone is ok as a safety net in the roof in addition to a carbon filter, but wont kill the smell on its own when they are really stinky) . carbon filter size will depend on the amount of lights/watts ur pulling.

phat filters are great due to less weight than others on market. but from what ive been told they all do a good job nowadays.

heres a link to a phat filter selection chart,

the excel air poly centrifugal fans are a great match to the phatty's. pull heaps of air, and low noise when coupled with a silencer kit. german motors too, will run forever. much quiter than the spectrum fans which sound like a helicopter

make sure you also have a nice 300mm axial forcing cool air in the room too with that amount of watts

in the heat of summer consider cool tubes, will make a massive difference to room temp

hi thc. yeah the 23 lt crop box set with humidity crip is imo the best clone setup. the 45lt setup will do the job just fine too. i didnt even know they had a 23lt until recently. been using 45lt version as clone box. have a 50watt heater in the bottom on 21 degrees, with a 75mm single depth grodan slab in the top, you can fit 28 clones comfortably in that.

have a small pump in the bottom box pumping through a 14mm hose with a grommit with a few 4mm lines in the 14mm hose feeding 1min twice a day to keep slab moist. 100% success rate cloning this way. after 2 weeks there fully rooted through bottom of slab, then take humidity crib off then water with rhizo in the bottom for a week, then cut the slab into squares to transplant. not sure if cutting the slab does damage to the roots, but as you know the rhizo makes a huge difference to the root development when young and they kick of straight away. you taught us that!

ps. u can do the same thing with an air stone and air pump in the bottom instead of a pump with feed lines when their just putting down roots and that will keep slab moist with the humidity crib on, but once the crib comes off you will need to feed. also personally never cloned under flouros, just have clone box off to the side of the veg room with MH's in there. works a treat.

you get fantastic drainage with the crop box as a clone chamber, the slab never stays too wet, so has a high air water ratio which gets those roots out great

heres a link to cheapest place to get crop boxes of all sizes http://www.nefarious.net.au/wipv3_6/page2/...&db=Entries