Small white bugs

Hey guys,

I want to know if anyone can help me identify these little buggers which are slowly hurting my plants. These bugs are really small, less than 1mm, and are white. They are not grubs, they walk and can jump. I have been finding them in the water which sits in the lower pots of my system which they seem happy to swim around in. I grow in a top watering system in coco. 1 pot sits in another which has a drain hose attached to it. The drain runs outside, so maybe they are coming from there. If I do not keep on top of these bugs with scarid fly drench, they work there way up to the top of the pots and can be seen walking around the top of the root system. I don't want to keep using this poison so I need to find an alternative. They slowly start to turn plants yellow if they go unoticed. They can go from a feww bugs one day to a hundred a few days later. If anyone could help identify these things or know of a way to destroy them it would make my day.

Cheers

This is a little drastic, but it should wipe them out.

Take all the plants out of your grow room and sit them in water deep enough to cover the top of the pots, leave them there for a couple of hours and drown all the bugs in the media. Whilst they are in the water use a good bug killer on the plants then fumigate and clean out the room, some surface spray in the corners would be a good idea. If your drains are not carrying much run off then stick some cloth over the ends with a rubber band or something. Get some "Sureguard Mini-strips" or similar and keep one or two in your grow room, prevention is easier than cure.

Your watering system sounds similar to mine, check the "My hydro set-up" link in my signature.

http://www.gamers-forums.com/smilies/contrib/ruinkai/coolgleamA.gif http://64.207.13.28/mysmilies/otn/glasses/smokin.gif