Producing Golden Marijuana

The process is simple, and is adapted from a standard horticutlural technique known as "girdling" a plant. To girdle a plant, wait until it is in flower, but before it has started to produce the red hairs? characteristic of full maturity. Girdling works much better with Sativa plants than with Indica, because the blooming prattern of Sativa is continuous, whereas Indica tends to bloom in successive flushes.

Using a very sharp, clean blade, simply cut in a full ring around the plants main stem about 12" above ground level. Make this cut a shallow one, severing just the out 1/8" or so of the plant stem. Make a second cut fully around the stem just below the first cut and remove the plant tissue between the two cuts. This cuts the layer in which the principal fluid and nutrient transport from the root zone to the leaves takes place. By completely severing this layer you interrupt these processes vital to continued growth are interrupt without actually killing the plant outright.

Over the next few weeks the plant will turn the golden brown color characteristic of fine Colmbian in its hayday.This method is an excellent way to conceal a bright green plant in the fall when all the foliage around it is turning yellow and brown.

:thumbdown:

Yup, I've seen MJ plants do some amazing things when it comes to survival. But there's no way i would ring bark a tree unless i wanted it dead. Closet Grower nailed it in one i reckon.

:thumbdown:

EDIT: Unless there's more to the story like, If you covered the wound immediately with grafting tape or something similar. Maybe a type of stress method, but it's pretty well known if you do what's described above by removing the bark, your removing the primary link to the plants survival.

Edited by Indycar