First grow...

So thought I'd try my green thumb out and plant a few seeds... No idea what strain it is though, just had some seeds from one of the plants a friend was growing until the neighbours cut the top off it.

I've got them sitting on little pots until they're out of seedling stage along with my other herbs - Funny though the only things that seem to be surviving are the chillis and these little badboys...

But anyway, here's a couple of pics of them. They were taken yesterday, and they seemed to have grown that little bit more in the heat today...

Tell me what you think of them...

post-10717-1161602131_thumb.jpg

post-10717-1161602212_thumb.jpg

post-10717-1161602257_thumb.jpg

Beautiful. :peace: Welcome to Oz Stoners Tom Landry, I hope you like the boards.

I'd transplant them out now they're looking good and need a bit more space. It'll also help with moisture, as they'll have more available.

MJ grows bloody fast and is very vigourous, so get yourself a good sized, (say 50L) pot and a good quality potting mix, and you'll soon be growing with the best of em.

Get the potting mix with a quality tick on the side, this ensures it's up to drainage standards and will provide some slow release nutrients for the babies as they develop. You'll probably want to get some fertilisers later but you can leave them for a while in a good potting mix without feeding if it's quality ticked. (red, not black) :punk:

Anyway, hope that helped a bit, your plants look lovely and should do very well. Green thumbs are relative things, one of our mods here couldn't grow a fern to save his life, but give him some MJ and he grows monsters. :punk: It's all about the conditions for the plant. (chillies like similar conditions, as do tomatoes and basil, so perhaps you could plant a few of these into some pots as screening plants?)

Good luck with your growing endeavours, and once again, welcome to Oz Stoners. :peace:

Cheers... Thanks for the extra info... I couldn't believe how quick they could grow, I couldn't believe they germinated in one day and then grew an inch in the next.

Why can't those bloody strawberries grow that fast?

Well, looks like it's time to pick out the winners on which ones I'll keep and hand off the other seedlings to some friends to nurse. Really don't want to have 7 of them all in pots in my backyard, unless I can get Mr Miyagi to create some nice bonsai's out of them...

But funny you mentioning that tomatoes and basil liking the similiar conditions, they're bunched in with the chillies and they're hating it. Might move them over to where the strawberries and spring onions are, they're growing just damn slowly...

Well, seeing as though I've got a day off tomorrow I might plant a couple tomorrow in the morning before it gets too warm and then let em enjoy the sun in their new homes...

I'm thinking about sticking to outdoors for the moment Mullaway - As we're now kicking into summer, and it seems as though it may be a warm one, also will help being that daylight savings kicks in this weekend, but I'm bringing them in of a night time to keep them out of the chill we get down here off the bay...

Actually I'm glad that there was this forum to help me out, think I'll be sticking around for a while...