Newbie Outdoor seedlings

madA

Hello All, I just started my 1st planting & have 13 seedlings popup (they were hydro indoor seedlings i think that are 2yrs old) in an old wheelbarrow. Im planning to keep only 2 or 3 plants but when can I expect to identify between the sexes & seperate them. Or perhaps should I put a few in seperate pots in away from the others?.

Im planning to feed & water the 2 or 3 I keep with a dripper from the treated septic system because the filtered water grows the best lawn I've ever seen.

I dont know what the seeds were (they were given to me from a friend) but they were a mix of brown with green stripes & a few white seeds. I planted 14 seeds expecting only 1 or 2 to popup being so old. They all were around only 2~3mm long at most & I dont know how they will go outdoors.

thanks

post-10488-1161465194_thumb.jpg

Im planning to keep only 2 or 3 plants but when can I expect to identify between the sexes & seperate them.

by 6 weeks some should be showing sex , but it can take up to 8 weeks depending on strain and consitions

Or perhaps should I put a few in seperate pots in away from the others?.

Yes you should repot them , but dig deep , those tap roots could be twice as long as the stems and you dont wanna damage them in any way .....

Hippies plant a bunch of seeds in a pot , it works , but they do it to get seeds...

hope that helps in some way , they are a hardy plant mate , they will survive outdoors as long as it doesnt get too cold in the mornings

hey there MadA

i would be repotting them now so that you will only have to deal with the tap root in a week or so you will heave there roots tangling with others and that will mean more damage to the roots

good luck next time unless ya after seeds just go 1 plant 1 pot unless you clone off a mother then go as many in a pot as ya want as you will know they are all females

cheerz

Thats Great, I've only 2 that are really close to each other so I might leave them for another couple of weeks to grow up as they are about 2cm high at the moment. Thet took between 4-10 days to germinate & I've mixed in those wetter water crystals so they wont stress.

Thanks again folks

Hi madA & welcome to the boards this summer. lol

Dallas ....Gday madA...lookin good so far....but i would seperate them all..in a week it will be real hard to seperate because the tap roots will be tangeled up with each other...

Its real important you dont fuck around with the tap roots mate...
lol

They will pop up and as Dallas has said I would leave them establish themselves a week or too lol

Sex them will be as long as you have been told. May be you burried the no showers a little deeper than those that have showed up to date. all the best with your sexing B)