Looking after mumma

Hi all,

I'm a new hydro grower and am currently tending my 2 Celtic Stone seedlings in my grow cupboard (1m x 0.5m x 2.1m). Read lots of good things about this strain, so I thought I'd give it a go!

Oh yeah, thanks to everyone here whose posts I've read (and keep reading) - you've done alot to give me a solid grounding in my new venture.

Anyway, my good mate has given me one of his mothers, which he grew from a clone, and recently harvested. He doesn't know the genetics, but he's been cloning it for a few years, and it's a great smoke.

Being a beginner, I didn't expect to have a mother so soon! , so I'm interested in how to care for her. I'd like to flower her a second time, as my mate does this with all his and has had ongoing success. He's going to take me through the cloning process in a few weeks, when mumma has revegged a bit. I've read around a fair bit, but there's not as much info on maintaining/regenerating mothers as with many other hydro topics.

What I've done so far is trim her back fairly well, and repotted her in perlite. She's been sitting in my grow area for about 2 weeks with my CS seedlings, under a 400w HPS. Here's 2 pics oh her.

post-10494-1161007870_thumb.jpg

post-10494-1161007894_thumb.jpg

Hey blacksaint welcome along mate :thumbsup:

Have you thought of taking a few clones when ready. Then keep the best one or two as mothers and flower out your revegged one. If you have room maybe with the other clones you take. You know she is a she, and the smoko is nice.

Good luck with it and enjoy :thumbsup:

Hi ozmade...thanks mate. Had any experience topping the CS? I've heard it loves it. I'm thinking of doing it in a week or so. What do you think?

Hi mullaway..thanks.

yeah I am planning on taking some clones from mumma - my mate is going to take me through the process when mumma is ready. i then intend to flower her once more, then replace.

wantdachronic,

thanks for your input - don't know anything much about tying her down. But I'll do some reading/research, and likely get back to you with a question or 2.

I've only got the use of one hand at the moment, so i'm as slow as all fuck in doing most things. My lovely lady has been helping me tend the garden.

It's a bugger typing though......

Sorry it's off topic, but I've got to tell you how I injured my hand (actually just my thumb)...its weird.

I was cutting some untreated pine 2 weeks ago, and got a 5mm splinter in my thumb. No dramas - I pulled it out with tweezers and washed my hands. Within 2 hours , the whole area was all swollen and black. The next morning I was delirious, my whole arm was red and swollen, up to the armpit, and I spent the next 9 days in hospital on a drip. The flesh on my thumb was effectivly dead, so it had to be all cut away, then back into surgery for a skin graft. All for a splinter! The doc said I could have lost my thumb, or even worse, if left untreated for any longer. It happened so bloody quickly! They never did find out the cause.

There are however 2 positives that came out of all this;

1. my missus can look after cannabis plants very well - whoohoo!

2. I have a new nickname - Poppa Smurf (If you saw the bandage on my thumb you'd see why)

Thanks again for input and interest in my grow.