Volcano vaporiser

New to this board (long time lurker, first time poster). love it!

have had the volcano vaporiser for a few months now. great stuff. has not replaced bongs but very good suplement.

Noticed I am not getting the apparent ganja savings I had read about. probably use same amount if not a little more that pipes.

Any suggestions, or comments from other volcano users?

cheers

Huonelf

Hey Huonelf welcome to the sesh mate.

Depends on the gear, how well mulled, how much you put in, if you stir it up between bags, and the temp settings.

How many bags you been getting from a fill up mate? How high the temps?

They reckon the first (tasty) few bags have less active d9 an only more vaped terpenoids . So keep stiring up and filling even if it tastes a little cooked. Might be throwing out some goodies when you refresh the chamber.

It's not instant ripping like a billy, more accumulative as you'd no doubt know.

Seen a few seasoned smokers go a little pale volcanoing tho :peace:

Have fun with it :peace:

getting around 4 bags for a complete covering of the mesh screen. not bad hit from that. probably using around 5 cones worth though. Not sure when to stop vaporing. the manual says when you cannot get an visible vapor, but I have read conflicting stuff to that.

also has you are anyone else tried other oven bags. looked at the glad large size ones and they seem a weird shape. It is my one chritcism of the volcano, mess around to get bags on.

yeah noticed that you can go hard on the bags and end up trashed without knowing it, like eating.

Beware the bag!

using set to 7 then for usually say 3-4 bags. then I put contents aside and after 2/3 runs I put back through and set to 8/9. after much trial and error and reading all the stuff from the manufacturer and supplier this is what I came to.

I would probably eyeball the consistency of your smoking materials. How fine are you grinding them? Oh and I would also consider the grade (quality) of smoking materials you're using as well. My personal theory is that the lower the grade(reduced THC), the smaller the yield of vapor.

Edited by ColdFrixion

using set to 7 then for usually say 3-4 bags. then I put contents aside and after 2/3 runs I put back through and set to 8/9. after much trial and error and reading all the stuff from the manufacturer and supplier this is what I came to.

I'm no expert on the Volcano but that sounds high to start with, I think I remember people starting at 5.5-6 and working their way up with each bag. But 3-4 bags sounds about right, how much were you expecting? Don't forget it's highly concentrated, that's why I'd recommend starting lower and toke it like a joint - finish each hit with plenty of oxygen to dilute it back a bit so you're not just exhaling vapour (no science behind this yet, but I SWEAR my lungs can't absorb all of the THC from a potent vapour hit and that I'm exhaling some of it).

Try using smaller amounts, ground well. Between each bag give it a good stir to make sure all surfaces have been exposed to the airflow - smaller amounts can be spread thinly and get greater exposure. Last bag, turn it right up - not sure about the Volcano's settings but I go up to about 230 (from about 200-210) for the final bag and that squeezes out the final bit with the beginnings of smoke.

As always make sure your herb has been stored well, minimal exposure to air, light and heat. Grind it immediately before use, don't grind any more than you're going to use or don't leave the excess sitting out in a bowl for days if you grind too much.