Cannabis as risk factor for mental illness

Aphofisman

Question

Hi everyone

Im looking out for some good info from the net about debunking the thought of Cannabis as a high risk factor for mental illness

Peope like me use pot for Medical reasons etc etc , and time and time again our wondrful GOV keeps giviing us propaganda on Cannabis as risk a very high factor for mental illness, especialy Schizophrenia...

Look I have suffered from Bi-polar Mood disorder and Hay Pot has worked better then any benzodiazapines from the docs so they can shove Valium up their @$@$@$#@$#@ Pot is far kinder to you even the next morning!

love to her from ya a web addy wold be great

:peace:

Edited by Aphofisman

Have a search through our news forums

The UK government have admited that the chances of cannabis use directly leading to Schizophrenia is less than 1%

However Bi-polar is a very different thing and to be honest with you long term use of cannabis could be quite detrimental , particularly sativa dominant strains as they release more seritonin, than pure indica's or even indica dominant strains ,

that said the seritonin effects of cannabis can easly be counteracted by somehting like 5HTP.

You are the best judge for yourself , however I woould say to be carefull using cannabis to treat somethign like bi polar

The Mental health 'system' would have to be one of the dodgiest in place , within modern society ...

They know very little ... but It's funny how the majority of people take 'science' as gospel ...

Alot of 'science' .. is just trying to turn 'theory' into 'fact' ...

And I personally believe that the only reason 'they' believe there 'may' be a link between 'Mental health' and 'Marijuana' ... is because so many find relief from it ..

Therefore their 'surveys' show that lots of people with 'mental health' use Marijuana as a form of relief ...

lol

It's like the Bullshit about causing paranoia thats not heard so much these days it seems ...

That is crap (Imo) ... and if It hadn't been demonised for half a century by ignorant fools and was perfectly natural , legal and accepted by Society ... then whats to be paranoid about???

(If there werent so many pigs out to get me , then I wouldn't be paranoid) ;) heheh

B)

It really irks me how the majority of people just see the powers that be , and scientists , and doctors , the law etc. as the normal proper regime that is .. and It's just accepted ...

These people are fallible just like anyone ... why should these people be trusted with what they preach over anyone else?

It's fucken crazy ...

Anyway I am depressed , and there is no 'cure' ... you know why? , because it is what is Causing the depression that must be 'cured' .. and in my case at least .. thats impossible ..

Society is a terminal mass Disease ... A Cancer apon this planet , which can only be healed by the planet itself , if humans were to be no more.

Anyhoo .. what was the subject again? :peace:

End rant.

Hava a nice day lol

Budman :peace:

budman...let me be the first to say,

I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL

fuck society depresses me too...

but i am the cure...i'll unite all my brothers one day, remember the name rehana, and be sure to vote, cuz that my friends is the only real way to make a difference...i must get into politics...as crazy as that sounds, it's not hard...all i need is alot of money...so first things first...i need a job...

VOTE #1 rehana

That saying - for every complex q, there is a simple answer, and its wrong, comes to mind here. :peace:

(Even tho such a simple statement is probably wrong as well lol )

"Simply" bipolar/manic dep/ skitzo 'might' all be the same thing, and all benefit from medicinal cannabis, but some will likely find it hard to control the dose rate, as they go high.

Cannabis could certainly have a moderating effect on the lows and highs tho. Allow sleep. And also a healthier production of serotonin :peace: As you may be able to include a moderating effect on the whole QOL, including diet and exercise/work.

But.. contraindications.. namely all the other meds going in, prescribed or not, including caff, nico and grog, would make medicinal cannabis a better chance, as a supervised medication, likely best alone. :peace:

"Simply" the cannabis related paranoia/anxiety, is very likely what Budman said; fear or concern of persecution.

Too much nicotine causes anxiety. Hope we aren't mixing it up too much? ;)

Too much caffiene causes sleep deprivation, lowering serotinin production, which also offs the balance toward depression, anxiety, etc.

Too much alcohol, leads toward depression, guilt/remorse and anxiety in the days to follow.

So theres some legal drugs readily available to any mentally ill person, who might abuse some, or all of them, contraindicating their meds, probably very badly.

"Simply" What can't be done tho, is to clean slate each mentally ill individual, and try a course of medicinal cannabis. Not legally anyway :peace:

Be well all :toke:

Well, they've recently admitted that: "Schizophrenia.... is so loose a category, grouping together people with very different symptoms, that it is “scientifically meaningless”". And, as I mention in this post, they've got little idea what schizophrenia and related illnesses are (in terms of cause).

"The concept of schizophrenia is scientifically meaningless," said Richard Bentall of the school of psychological sciences at Manchester University. "It groups together a whole range of different problems under one label - the assumption is that all of these people with all of these different problems have the same brain disease."

The Australian, Oct 11, 2006.

If even one person did not get mental illness from smoking pot, and it was believed that people generally should, then it should be investigated. If most people who smoked pot didn't get it then the theory would have to be called into question, surely, and would require very strong evidence indeed to prove that in some cases it caused or triggered illness. But, they don't have it. They would need, for example, to identify a gene. They say they have a gene but when you request an individual genetic test, for example for screening, they can't find it.

The cornerstone of the theory that pot gives you schizophrenia is the correlation. It's been known for a long time that persons with schizophrenia were much more likely to use drugs. In a clever trick, as cynical as any political ploy, they say not that it was the illness which lead to the drug use but that the drug use caused the illness. In fact, there is an even higher correlation between incidence of mental illness tobacco use. Why do they paper over this link or the similar one with alcohol?

Their evidence is really lame and contrived. One of the leading cannabis researchers, Yasmin Hurd who describes cannabis as a "dirty plant", resorts to addicting adolescent rats to heroin. They monitor the change in the use of the drug given differing amounts of cannabis! Another major study in their arsenal in the propaganda war is some study done in Sweden of army recruits supposed to show an increased rate of schizophrenia after cannabis use but Sweden is a strongly prohibitionist country, so I wouldn't trust any government study of theirs. Plus, more than half of new scientific studies are wrong in their conclusion according to a New Scientist article.

And, in another post I mentioned that the evidence is that this sort of mental illness is determined before birth. For example, if you have a twin with schizophrenia you're more likely to have the disorder yourself. This link is inherited can have nothing to do, therefore, with events after conception such as drug use. Well, that's just my opinion, anyway. :peace:

Nice One Budman :peace: spot on... :peace:

Well all i can say ive been smoking Mj since around age 14 and now im in my 30's and have had no mental issues involved in smoking MJ.....in fact i stutter some times, and what thay call a mild Tick when you shake alittle during stutter to help get the words out.....But when i smoke Mj it dissapears all togeather :peace: so it helps my stuttttteeering...lol to smoke...but when i dont it come back with venegnce..hehe...

Anyway i recon smoking Mj effects different people in different ways...expecially when there is a minor mental illness underlying your normal everyday activities, and some people with that usaly have problims in the future if they continue to smoke MJ...... :toke: ...Fuck im stoned but i hope that made sense..haha..

Each to your own i say though.... :peace:

As Pure said..."You are the best judge for yourself"...thats it you know what works for you better than any doctor could...

Cheers

Dallas

I often argue whether any increase to mental health (particulary depression etc) is directly related to socialogical factors - that add to feelings of guilt, hate, anger and fear. It all boils down to the individual, with the will and strength to overcome the ever increasing lies, hypocrisy and double standards of society.

To not fell guilty about life to just enjoy it and know that rights and wrong of the world change face all the time. Learn to trust your own instincts and reasoning. Stop being directed in what to do in your life - only to be betrayed when you followed all the rules.

Because if you cant do this, maybe you should give up the herb, stop being a rebel and join a church.

In our so called civilized society we are a taught from an early age that we cannot be trusted, we are volitile, we are sinners and only our great leaders know whats best for us. Whats sad is anyone who opposes such standards, questions the rules, who is a skeptic - is conveinently considered with a "MENTAL HEALTH" problem. Society is a coward.

Being a rebel is not a mental health problem its an asset for survival.

:thumbsup:

the minds so powerfull, i rekon the crazy people make themself crazy...

maybe your state of mind before and while youre smoking...

too true

:thumbsup:

Edited by wildflower

I like what you said better wf

People need to look at the bigger picture...not let man-made, brainwashing rules your goal in life...

i had an interesting read on...i forgot...it was about...back in the day, men use to worship women, they beleived that women were the key...they were the balance the world needs...neopagans thats it...

Christians wanted to convert people, so what they did was...they changed some of the their holy symbols around....

one of those signs was the pentagram...once a sign of unity (male and female)...now meant you worship the devil...

i forgot where i was going with this...i started typing...then got into some shit...

i've been reading alot about...the old religions, before money was involved...and well...i thinks its safe to say we are not alone in the universe...

how offtopic is that...am i crazy?

yes. DONT FUCKING LOOK AT ME!