undesireable growing environment

hello, all. me a n00b here.

a mate found a single seed in one of his bag-o'-goodies and started growing it way back in winter, so its strong enough to withstand a light pruning now. a few cuttings are to be transferred into my hands so that i can start a small population, myself.

i wish to grow my plants (just 2 or 4 - for now) in an area that is prone to flooding, or in other words; a floodzone, but its more like a swamp. the ground regularly has a light film of water above it (around 1-2cm) and up to 2m on rare occasions. many plants in the area seem to be doing fine, but i fear that my plants roots will rot, so i plan to create a small, hydroponic resorvoir system and raise it half a metre above the ground. the cuttings will be grown in a propogator for around 2 weeks, then moved into a resovoir-fed system with pots full of pearlite/vermiculite mix and fed bottled nutrients. has any-one tried cultivating their crop in very wet conditions?

i have been doing non-drug-related hydroponics for around 1 year now, so i know what im doing, but i havnt the slightest clue when it comes to organic growing mediums.

also, whats the best way to keep cuttings fresh and living for up to 9 hours? we were thinking of just dumping the cuttings in a zip-loc bag along with a few squirts of weak nutrient solution. they will be transferred in person, so security is not an issue.

thankyou.

may god reward you noble pioneers.

Hey Buffalo Soldier, welcome along mate.

Cool sounding plant your mate has nurtured. It's a definite she right? If no preflowers yet you can strike a couple under 12/12 and they'll show soon after rooting.

9 hours :peace: Maybe take as many cuts as you can and prep a few in different ways. Can you use your normal clone technique? However you do it say in perl and a humidity cover? Maybe just in water etc..

Trying to follow the way youre working this swamp medium. Just pots on top of the wet ground? Whats the water like mate?

Can you sew something on the edge of the swamp? Maybe drip feed hydro nutes, or run the hydro nutes into pots on the ground and let their roots go thro into the ground.

Good luck with it, pics if you can :peace:

:peace: Sorry mate but I don't really follow how u are dealing with the swamp. Do u mean that u are growing in hydro above it and the plants won't be in contact ever. Or are u wondering if cannabis can be grown in areas, where at times the plants will be underwater.

:peace: If the first, then it could be concrete under them, the swamp doesn't matter.

:peace: If the second though, then no it won't work. a few days underwater will drown the plants, even if it is only the roots.

Hi Buffalo Soldier (BS),

I am making some3 asumptions that the grow spot is in what mongy cannled a "swamp", or similar conditions prone to flooding. My advice is that the area uis unsuitable due to the risk of it being washed away :peace:

Flash floods will go according to "Murphies Law of Flooding"

It goes something like - itf it is going to flood it will at some point and most likely when your growing pot in the sane place.

Aye - grab some cuttings, rppt them and dispurse where it not likely to flood. :peace:

Good luck.

we're pretty sure its a female.

sorry. got no pics. sister has taken the camera. the ground usualy has a light film of muck floating above it, like an oil spill, but its all natural. anyhoo, i have decided to grow them hydroponicly, above ground level.

as for transferring the cuttings, i think ill give my mate some rockwool cubes, some rooting agent and a makeshift propogator and let him start growing them for a week in the cubes, then transfer them to me.

you guys realy have helped. it may not seem like you have done much, but trust me, you realy have. best of luck!

Edited by Buffalo Soldier

May i ask what style you intend to use??

All i can think of is a basic wick system as without power you will be very limited.

Dont forget its like having children you create nuture and raise them so a flood would hurt !!!!

I would personally take a shovel and build some mounds first and let them dry and drain for as long as possible before hand. Big job but a few feet could mean the difference beteen them floating away or not.

HINT In the area we used a hole in the ground, some rum to pass the time, insect repellant and a home made sand filter to clean up the ground water nicely saving the effort of dragging out water just the sand and materials to lugg :peace:...but that was just for a few plants

i intend on using some kind of passive resovoir system. most probably a wick-fed system.

sure, its a simple system, but it will work. a rugged, reliable, cheap system, like so is the best way to keep a "stealth" grow area. everything except the plants will be covered with hessian in order to maintain an earthly look.

ill just be on my way to the grow area now. ill try digging a few mounds and planting a few "test" plants to see how well it works

hey guys

any updates mate?? howd it go ?

i too have an undesirable area outdoors :doh:

atm me sweet heart is slowly dying...from 1 day rain :helpsmilie:

i got a pic to show...its been 4 days and they water is slowely evapoating

buit me girl is fucked humped near dead.....

wat do u guys think about taking clones in early flower from a sick plant??

do u think they will root?? im pissed and now i wanna try an d kjeep the genes..

any ideas guys would be greatly appreciated

bil

ill get another pic of her close up tomorrow so u can see the state of her

this shot wasa on the day of the rain so u can see she was quite healthy

but shes in the back in the middle

post-8244-1171672527_thumb.jpg