Low Stress Training

hey there stonerweed

low stress training or training or LST is where you slowly tie down your plant so as to give the lower grow tips more light so that they will grow to the same height as you main grow tip thus giving you a nice bushy plant instead of one single tip

LST is usually used in the early stages of veg and can be very effective and increase your yeild and also is used instead of tipping your plant as this will slow down the growth

you must be careful to not try and bend your seedling over in one go as this will usually break it but doing it in 2-3 goes will be good for ya plant

give it ago on ya next grow you will see what it does

alot of us around here also call it bondage :thumbsup: so do a search through the grow dairies for LST or bondage

cheerz :Dj:

Training is just directing a plant to grow a certain way. For example I grew a watermelon vine that was over 14 feet long but only 1 foot wide simply by directing its runners to grow in certain directions only.

There are high stress techniques like topping, but when people talk about LST (Low Stress Training) they're generally just referring to bending the plant (usually by tying down tips with string). This has the effect of allowing more light penetration and distribution, makes the plant a bit more bushy, increases yield, and in the case of cannabis plants generally means you'll end up with multiple crown colas rather than one. Because it's a _low-stress_ trick it doesn't harm the plant or stunt its growth in any way.

That's the basic jist of it anyway. Step 2 - read some LST tutorials :thumbsup: ... there are plenty out there, Google is your friend.

[edit] doh, Stoney beat me to the post :peace:

ps. Stoney - "alot of us around here also call it bondage" ... speak for yourself mate, I don't get that kinky with my girls :peace:

Edited by NotDave

:peace: Training your plants stonerweed, is using methods such as tying down branches or plants, pruning, trellising etc. to get the plants to grow in a way that they natrualy wouldn't. it is often used for stealth grows o/doors to keep plants shorter and hidden, or to maximise the space used on an indoor grow. ie. if they are not growing in the shape u want, then train them too.

:thumbsup: hope this helps mate.

doh! stoney,notdave both beat me