"Greenades" (Marijuana Gumballs) Killers

The lies and BS of governments and their shills never ceases to amaze me. In the 19th and early 20th century it was commonplace to give children and babies patent medicines containing large amounts of heroin,opium,cocaine,chloral hydrate,alcohol and even cannabis extracts,we are all here aren't we? So the wholesale addiction of kids to these "medicines" didn't cause the end of society as we know it, infact civilization thrived through this period of mass childhood addiction! Weird.

from DTS Racist origin of Austraia's drug laws

In 19th century Australia a wide range of drugs, including opiates, was available to the public from doctors, pharmacists, homoeopaths, grocers and sellers of proprietary medicines.The medical profession had not yet come to dominate the provision of health services; self-treatment was common and dependence on opium or cocaine was generally therapeutically-induced. It has been suggested that the profile of drug dependence in Australia at the turn of the century was similar to that of other nations, with the typical dependent user being a middle-class, middle-aged woman or health professional. This 'user' profile remained largely unchanged until the 1960s.

Early regulation of drugs occurred by way of poisons laws which imposed requirements on the sale and labelling of certain drugs. It appears that these laws were a response to the use of drugs such as arsenic in poisonings, suicides and homicides.They did not affect drug availability. According to one commentator, Australia had the highest rate of consumption of proprietary medicines per capita in the world at this time.

In the early 20th century a Royal Commission was established by the Commonwealth Government to inquire into Secret Drugs, Cures and Foods. Ingredients then used in proprietary medicines included opium and morphine in Bonnington's Irish Moss; morphine in Cherry Pectoral, Kay's Essence of Linseed and Winslow's Soothing Syrup; and opium in Perry Davis' Painkiller, Atkinson's Royal Infant Preservative and Ayer's Sarsparilla Mixture.

The Royal Commission criticised the lack of controls on the composition and availability of proprietary medicines, advertising claims, the use of preparations containing cocaine and opiates to pacify infants and treat alcoholism, and their free availability to adolescents and adults alike. Royal Commissioner Octavius Beale said:

[Poisons] Acts are so loosely administered that in Australia at least they are practically inoperative with regard to the purchase of quack medicines which contain scheduled poisons. The range of poisons outside of the schedules, including those of the most virulent, dangerous, and insidious character, is a hundredfold greater than of those within.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am also reminded of an article I read in HT mag years ago about Rajastan in India and the authors (I think it was Cherniak of the Great Book of Hashish fame ,though I could find nothing in my copy about cannabis candy from a quick glance through) experience with hash candies called rockets that came in those little individual lolly packets manufactured legally in a factory in Rajastan ,they may have been called something like "manuka rockets"?(don't quote me as a quick google got nothing) or this from Jack Herer's book "the Emporer wears no clothes" ch12

Maple Sugar Hashish Candy

Starting in the 1860s, the Ganja Wallah Hasheesh Candy Company made maple sugar hashish candy, which soon became one of the most popular treats in America.

For 40 years, it was sold over the counter and advertised in newspapers, as well as being listed in the catalogs of Sears-Roebuck, as a totally harmless, delicious, and fun candy. :thumbdown:

Edited by Jess Stone

You can read the relevant DEA Microgram report here. :thumbsup:

"filled with greenish-brown vegetable matter"

"Analysis of the plant material by microscopy, GC, GC/MS, Mayer’s, and modified Duquenois-Levine confirmed marijuana (THC content not quantitated). Each gumball contained approximately one gram of marijuana"

So it's 1g of plant matter, no known THC potency. How the fuck can they claim this could kill a small child without even a potency test?