Tipping

I cloned 24 plants about 7 weeks ago. I only needed 12, But I cloned 24. I was going to pick the best 12 and ditch the worst 12. Problem is they all turned out GREAT!. I couldn't bring myself to destroy any of them, so I veged all 24.

Now that they're 20" tall I'm going to put 12 into the flowering room. Is there someway I can keep the secong lot of 12 at 20" for the next 8 weeks, so I can flower them next?. For example, If they grow 3"/week, can I just keep trimming them back 3" each week?. I think this is called tipping. Where you cut one growing tip and it bevomes 2. Is there a limit to how often I can do this?. How much can I trim each time?.

If the plants veg from 20" to 40" can I just lopped 20" of the tops?

post-7214-1159034008_thumb.jpg

:peace: thats a hard place to be in... I know the feeling but i would pick the 12 best and give them the room and light they need. At the end of the day you will still get as much if not more by doing this .. What you should keep in mind what if the pigs come ??? Is it worth haveing 24 plants when 12 will give you the same amount... Just a thought ...

but good jod in the cloneing and i hope your grow goes just as well..

tt

hey there new holland

well if all the other options that the rest of the peeps have said cant happen then what i would do is cut ya main stem off about halfway that should give ya enough time for them to grow back and they will be nice and bushy and if they come back quicker then yeah give them a round of tipping

thats what i would do but hey you can try and control them by tipping as this will shock the plant for nearly a week then grow new tips so you may only have to tip them 4 times

by the way if ya got the room why not put these plants in at week 4 of flower and take clones off them just befor ya do that way you can keep pulling 12 plants every 4 weeks

cheerz :Dj: