how to distinguish male plants/hermie

sneek420

watsup guys. im trying to figure out some things. think yall can help?

do males sacks grow or stay the same size? and do they grow all over the plant or in 1 spot?

and if you grow a hermie should you grow it by itself? would the pollen polinate a closeby female?

some questions i couldnt find the answers for on the forums so any help would be apreciated. thanks

-stone on

hey there mate

well i aint too shore about the sacs growing as i aint grown out any males in my time have found a few though but culled them as soon as i found them. But they will grow all over the plant i would think

With a hermi yes if you plan to keep it get t away from ya other plants as yes it will pollenate any females near it if the pollen gets on them

here's a good pic to show ya want to look for mate

med_gallery_7211_105_49790.jpg

cheerz :Dj:

:peace: hi Sneek,

A true female plant has an X and an X chromosome making up it's sex gene. It can produce FLOWERS with an X or an X chromosome.

A true male plant has an X and a Y chromosome making up it's sex gene. It can produce POLLEN with an X or a Y chromosome.

If an X POLLEN lands on an X FLOWER u get an XX seed ie. female.

If a Y POLLEN lands on an X flower u get an XY seed ie. male.

Hermies are plants that display both male and female flowers. Some are genetic hermaphrodites some are not. MJ has the abillity to thro flowers of either sex in the right conditions. Breeders use this ability to get femminised seed.

If a true female ie. XX grows a MALE FLOWER it can only produce X pollen. X pollen + X flower = XX or feminised seeds.

If a true male ie. XY grows a FEMALE FLOWER it can produce X or Y flowers. When fertilised by true male pollen ie X or Y u will get XX= female seeds ( usually grow mediocre plants )

XY= male seeds

YY= male seeds ( theses are not hermies )

A genetic hermie is a plant that basicaly has fucked up genes, it has multiples of X and Y chromosomes, in endless combinations of both, making up its sex gene. This causes it throw flowers of both sexes with pollen and flowers that have the same fucked up XY chromosomes creating more hermie seeds.

If u have a hermie, fuck it off. Besides any male flower will pollenate your buds and u will get seeds.

:scratchin: Hope this helped explain a bit.